15" Dell LCD in Car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15" Dell LCD in Car

Would a normal house monitor LCD Flat screen work in a car running off a power inverter, connected to an Epia M?

I got a couple of them for free and want to stick it in my car. I have seen a pic somewhere on this site when a guy did that to his truck. I cannot seem to find it now.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Lucho
    Epia M1000, two 80 GB Hard Drives, Lilliput 7" TS, 512 MB DDR, 300 Watt Power Inverter with Relay, Wireless USB Adapter. Routis 2004, Copilot 2003, Rayming TN-200 USB GPS in a 1999 Isuzu Rodeo

tell you what send me one for 50 bucks i will see if it is possible

Comment

It's certainally possible, but it will be big and bulky, and hard to work with. Are you getting touch with it? It will work if you have the space.
      My Mazda 3s

My Mazda 3s on Car Domain

[||||||||||||||||||--] (90%)

Comment

Want to make a little money on the side selling? I'd be interested in one for a reasonable price.

If the monitors use 12V, then you might be able to use a laptop auto power supply to regulate the 12V DC straight into the monitor w/o using an inverter.
        Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
        http://hallert.net/

Comment

Just tried it.

I tried it with a laptop, worked great!

I am curious if it will look as good with the epia as it did with a laptop.

Just trying to figure out how to mount the damn thing now. No touch on it though. Will probably use a wireless mouse. Sucks ***!

I am even thinking about splitting the signal. One in the front and back. Will post pics once my epia and power supply comes in.

C|hecking to see if they can run on 12v.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Lucho
          Epia M1000, two 80 GB Hard Drives, Lilliput 7" TS, 512 MB DDR, 300 Watt Power Inverter with Relay, Wireless USB Adapter. Routis 2004, Copilot 2003, Rayming TN-200 USB GPS in a 1999 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

That was probably my truck. I now have a lilliput touchscreen...just have to hide the wires before I update the pics.

Comment

That is the same idea I am shooting for

Wolfman, Was the screen to big? How did you mount it, I am curious.

Nice setup though.

Lucho

Comment

I am about to do the same thing. Luckily for me I have sunroof in my truck. It has it's plus and minuses. Howeve I think the plus far outweighes the minus. On the plus side, my roof has space between the headliner and the actual roof of the vehicle. Also the botom piece has a metal plate in it which makes it sturdy enough to mount a 15' LCD. The only minus is that the monitor has to go further back because it can not be mounted in the sunroof. I was at Circuit City yesterday and the have an LCD flip mount kit that I intend to modify to use with my setup. The screws will mount flush in the metal plate so that the sunroof will open over it without any problems.
                When I do get around to installing it I will post pics.

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.js...oid=-10884&m=0
                2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
                Gigabyte Z97 mITX Intel Mobo, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i5-4590S 3.0GHz Proc, 320 GB Hard Drive, Dual 12' VGA HDMI DVI touchscreen monitors,....
                http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-...avalanche.html

Comment

Working...
                X