help lilliput wont power up anymore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help lilliput wont power up anymore

i was trying to fit my touchscreen. and i opened the screen i only unpluged all the ribbon cable and put it back together and now i have no power to the lcd?

those ribbon cables can be tricky. take it apart again, adjust the cables until the power comes back on, and THEN put it back together
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

i been trying for hours and the ribbon is all folded up...and i still have no power.. nothing light up cant turn it on or anything..

Comment

What do you mean no power? do you get power to the buttons? like the light on the side? does the screen light up?
        I GIVE FREE HUGS!
        Buy Sell or Trade
        If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
        Thank you
        Forex
        Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

i get no power at all..nothing light up..i open it to see if could fix the touchscreen problem..i just got this screen to 2days ago and now it messed up...hope i could fix it. all started with the damn touchscreen

Comment

I had same problem(I removed the cables, shorted the cap in process, won't power up). I was able to power on, but still working on the ribbon cables. The problem was the little connector called DIP2. One of the pins were bent. The ckt was open. somehow that prevented the unit from powering up. Fixed that after couple of hours of troubleshooting. I suggest you check all your connections and check whether you are getting voltages across the components etc. Good luck.
            Current project ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■___ 85%
            Xenarc 700TS, Mobile Athlon 1GHz, Soyo K7VME, 30Gb HD, Slimline DVD drive, TB Santa Cruz, Opus 120W
            Holux G210

03 Acura TL, Zapco & Precision Power amps, Adire Koda comps & EDesign 12" sub.

Comment

Ok first you opend it up and tried to fix it the first time and removed all the ribbons?
              Now you opened up again because it does not work and nothing comes on and not lights right?
              I GIVE FREE HUGS!
              Buy Sell or Trade
              Thank you
              Forex
              Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

yeah listen to ashbosh . all though i have know idea what the DIP2 is or the ckt.. but i do know is that you dont need the ribbons to at least power up the back light on the screen. Im have some problems with my lilliput with no video im just about to buy a new one....
                I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                Buy Sell or Trade
                Thank you
                Forex
                Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

i just got it to power up...took a while to line up the ribbon..but now i get a while screen. is that mean my ribbon is messup and i need a new one?

Comment

I have no clue what you mean.

Try wigglin and jigglin it
                    I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                    Buy Sell or Trade
                    Thank you
                    Forex
                    Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

i fixed the power problem all the buttons now light up..but i get a white screen from the lcd..i duno what wrong with itnow?

Comment

lol thats what im getting too. Please figure it out for us i hav been trying for the past week. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26858
                        I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                        Buy Sell or Trade
                        Thank you
                        Forex
                        Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

man this suck....have u try a new ribbon cable yet? mine look all messed up it got fold every where.

Comment

yeah i have bought one off of digitalww on the form here for three bucks and one from digikey for 23 bucks( what a mistake) i should have searched a bit more duh....and i broke that little freakin pin that hookes the ribbon on the controler. who ever made that is an asssssssss. i dont know what it is i think it might be something wrong in one of the spider looking things whatever you call them? i have tried everything.

I have no clue what one of those things are a transistor? or if it hold some type of memory like bios ya know for the no signal message on the monitor ...... where does that come from? or stored
                            I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                            Buy Sell or Trade
                            Thank you
                            Forex
                            Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

yeah i just order a new ribbon..hope this would fix teh problem i just got the lilliput like 2days ago...the stupid touch screen on it wont work rite...ill touch here and the be like 1inch away from where i touch and i cant get it to to go to the edge and sh;t..

Comment

Working...
                              X