Sharp LQ9D161 questions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharp LQ9D161 questions?

OK, my stupid self has bought one of these displays with nothing else than the display with touchscreen, I have the pin-outs and know the touchscreen name (3M Cleartek Capacitive Touch Screen Membrane) with the cable attached to it!

I know this is what you all call the DennisK setup, but I'm not even thinking about spending $325 for all the controllers and cables!

I'm pretty technical and good with a soldering iron, can I make/fix somthing myself or are there any CHEAP solutions in getting this LCD AND Touchscreen to work? Any Custom solutions here?

BTW I have browsed the board and couldn't find a satisfying answer!

Thanks,

Richard
    Sweet Home Alabama

Originally posted by rperre
    OK, my stupid self has bought one of these displays with nothing else than the display with touchscreen, I have the pin-outs and know the touchscreen name (3M Cleartek Capacitive Touch Screen Membrane) with the cable attached to it!

I know this is what you all call the DennisK setup, but I'm not even thinking about spending $325 for all the controllers and cables!

I'm pretty technical and good with a soldering iron, can I make/fix somthing myself or are there any CHEAP solutions in getting this LCD AND Touchscreen to work? Any Custom solutions here?

BTW I have browsed the board and couldn't find a satisfying answer!

Thanks,

Richard
    you will NOT be able to rig up anything CHEAP to run the screen. the lcd controller boards are a must if you have this bare lcd

as for the touchscreen, there are plans that you can use to build a touchscreen controller, but they are complicated and require programming. i have only seen one, and i dont have the link for it (sorry)

basically you are SOL

~mike
    Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
    PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
    2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Can I ask where you got it and how much you paid. I busted my screen but I have the rest (its the DennisK kit so I can't help you there). Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbes
        Can I ask where you got it and how much you paid. I busted my screen but I have the rest (its the DennisK kit so I can't help you there). Thanks.
        It's the DennisK one from ebay! Are you selling you're kit or do you want to buy my screen?

I found a kit for 195 is that a good price?

Richard
        Sweet Home Alabama

Comment

where did you find that kit for 195?

Please share that link I too am looking for a simialr kit for a sharp screen

Thanks
          -B
          My Install

Software:
          CFiG v1
          iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
          Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
          StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

I have one of those screens...I am usind a Dicon controller! Dicon 1280E
            I have an extra lcd cable, inverter, and controller for the lcd if your interested
            $100. plus shipping for all you need except ac adaptor, and osd board
            1992 z71 Chevy

Comment

you guys still have these?

I'm looking for a LQ9D161 (or LQ9D168k) that someone is tired of. Looking for reasonable price, can do paypal. PM, thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X