Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought the 8 inch 4:3 tft

Hey Guys

I just bought the 8 inch tft 4:3 aspect and i was just wondering if any of you are using this display ? any good or bad stories about it ?

Jan
    Not doing carpc anymore

Hey Jan,
    I just bought the 8inch from mp3car , it's not here yet.. How do you like your screen so far?

o/______\o
    (oo_OO_oo)
    []o-----------o[]
    '94 320i

Comment

I've been using for my screen for over two weeks. It's not in the car yet so I've been using it on my server (since it has no monitor, keyboard, or mouse). Touchscreen can be a little iffy but if you planning on running something like MMC or Frodoplayer, it should be okay since the buttons are larger and more made for the touchscreen. Colors and video appear pretty good. I've hooked my XBox on the S-Video side and it, too, works good. You should be happy with it as am I.

Derek
      Progress [||-------]
      View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
      Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

Comment

Can't wat to get it..

o/______\o
        (oo_OO_oo)
        []o-----------o[]
        '94 320i

Comment

Ya, besides breaking the overlay touch glass when mounting it in my custom dash it has worked just fine, all i need is to make it auto turn-on and my new overlay is coming this week from DigitalWW.

I'll have pics of my install very soon now.
          Jan
          Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

-dopehead-
            Too bad the glass is broke. How do you take the screen out when it's so nicely integrated?

o/______\o
            (oo_OO_oo)
            []o-----------o[]
            '94 320i

Comment

I find that mine has a really flakey VGA connection, any movement in the car and it looses the signal. Im actually quite pi#^%#ed about it, I dont really want to send it back and get another one either..... I also just found out that the native res is only 640x480 vs the 7" which is 800x480, are there any comments on this?

Comment

I have to take out my custom dash and then unscrew the back of the screen to get it out :-( it's a hassle but the look of it all streamlined into the dash is worth it, also i try to make all connectors reachable underneath the screen through the stowaway compartment in the dash so i don't have to take out the dash for everything.

chargin, i don't see it being a problem, 640x480 is just fine for res. 800x600 looks just fine on my screen, of course i have no comparison screen like 7 inch but i have no problems reading even std. windows menus or texts.

Jan
                Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Working...
                X