Lilliput gone crazy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput gone crazy

Well for those of you that haven't read my writeup on how to install the lilliput in the Tm701l housing then you probably should check it out to understand how i have everything setup.

So i'm driving the other day and noice that the lilly is all blurry. At first i thought it was my eyes going bad, but it turns out it really is blurry. If i smack the side of it, it clears up. Clearly a bad connection, accept i can't seem to find the problem. I pulled everything apart and found nothing wrong. Perhaps its that small din round connector thats causing it. Any ideas?
    Alex
    90 300zx twinturbo conversion
    Epia C3, 512 ram, syntax mobo, 80 gig WD, Mediacar, GPS w/Routis, all behind drivers seat, 7in Lcd Lilliput VGA with Touch, wireless adapter for stumbling, Consult ODB1 adapter and data scanner.

Damm thats so disturbing. Anyone own a lilliput and have it working more then a month or os?

I would just check all the connections. Did the also check the threads on that flat ribbon cable from lcd to controller?
    Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

Originally posted by samc
      Damm thats so disturbing. Anyone own a lilliput and have it working more then a month or os?

I would just check all the connections. Did the also check the threads on that flat ribbon cable from lcd to controller?
      I had to replace the 9 Pin connector when I first got the lilliput. Crappy 9 pin POS. Used a 9 pin serial connector and has worked great ever since. Entering month 2 with my fingers crossed.
      Don't Fear The Gurkey
      Click here to check out My Setup

Comment

I'll second that. That 9-pin mini DIN connector is nothing but trouble. I had a lot of problems with blurry displays that were caused by bad contacts on the mini DIN.

Comment

I agree with that. I have had similar problems from the mini din connector
          -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

samc, long time no see the lilly is great screen for a great price but its not perfect and requires from massaging to get it right. I've had mine in since feburary and this is the first problem
            Alex
            Epia C3, 512 ram, syntax mobo, 80 gig WD, Mediacar, GPS w/Routis, all behind drivers seat, 7in Lcd Lilliput VGA with Touch, wireless adapter for stumbling, Consult ODB1 adapter and data scanner.

Comment

my 9 pin din works great I've had absolutely no problems with my lilliput
              CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

I cut out the connector and hardwired all the wires together. Perfect ever since (2 months or so). If you're gonna try it though, you should know that a couple of the wires aren't continuous, they cross at the connector (see this thread ).

Comment

Bobby thanks for the advice. The mod cleared up the fuzziness. Best of all it almost seems brighter now.
                  Alex

Comment

Working...
                  X