Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lilliput Cigarette lighter fried.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • lilliput Cigarette lighter fried.

    I had my lilliput in for a while running fine, then all of a sudden it wouldn't power on and I checked the fuse it had blown the cars fuse for the cigarette adapter. So then I plugged it in through an inverter and all was fine. Anyone have ideas on what is causing this?

  • #2
    Maybe you have a short circuit somewhere in your cigarette adapter. I just had one a few days ago and my adapter almost melted. It looked like plasticine. Although it didn't blow my fuse because I noticed it quickly.
    00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
    Newest install - my quickest ever
    My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
    My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Yuriy
      Maybe you have a short circuit somewhere in your cigarette adapter. I just had one a few days ago and my adapter almost melted. It looked like plasticine. Although it didn't blow my fuse because I noticed it quickly.
      You saved your fuse!! I find that nails, in the place of fuses, rarely blow!
      p.d. It shouldn't get to plasticine before the fuse blows!
      Laidback


      The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

      Comment


      • #4
        so what else is new..... do a search you are definetley not the first. Mine fried after 5 minutes of use...basically they SUCK.

        Use you 12v regulated rail from your powers supply
        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Laidback
          p.d. It shouldn't get to plasticine before the fuse blows!
          My cigarette plug had a stretched out metal spring instead of a fuse in it (because of the huge load that it has to deliver). The spring used to heat up really bad. A few days ago it became so hot that it literally melted its way through the plasitc casing of the plug. On the way it touched the negative connector and that's when I saw that something was wrong
          Yesterday I put nails in it - no more heating! Ha-ha!
          00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
          Newest install - my quickest ever
          My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
          My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

          Comment


          • #6
            My egg regulates about 12.87 volts, which makes my screen wavy. WHen i use the AC adaptor plugged into the wall, it isn't wavy, and powers ~12.47 volts. My spare molex connector reads about 11.07 volts. Could I wire my egg to the molex connector, and would the lower voltage make my screen suck worse?

            edit:: sorry just realized this has nothing to do with this thread... it's late and dennis leary is distracting me. But I'd still appreciate a reply
            My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
            2 Kicker Comp 10"
            Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
            Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
            Check it out?!

            Comment


            • #7
              Hey pudge... Loose the egg!!!!!! wire directly to your PSU. I have had no problems with it this way.
              -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

              Comment


              • #8
                It's an ITPS and it regualates around 11 volts. Still better than the egg?
                My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
                2 Kicker Comp 10"
                Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
                Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
                Check it out?!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks guys but I don't really want to run a wire from my PS, since they are going to be mounted pretty far apart. Are there any other adapters that will work better to power the screen?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X