S-Video to Composite common problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-Video to Composite common problem

Well I'm sure you are all aware of the problems people tend to have running an S-Video to composite set up and not beinch able to get the colour signal into the composite line.

I'm having this problem. Setup is a GeForce 4 MX440 into a Lilliput 6" TV/Monitor (via composite). The picture is crystal clear but I cant get the damn thing to work in colour.

Have tried
    - Various versions of the Detonator drivers, including one which shipped with Nvidia card.
    - Various S-Video cables, adaptors. Even tried making my own with 470pF capacitor
    - Each and every setting in the detonator drivers regarding PAL/NTSC, Composite/S-Video output.

Would love to hear from anyone who has solved this problem, hopefully using same/similar equipment. Open to all suggestions!

Have been searching the forums for 3 days now but no one's suggested solutions have helped. Now verging on insanity.
    1995 Ford Falcon - All Australian Car with All American Horsepower!
    Athlon 1333Mhz, 256MB DDR, GeForce4 MX 440, 20GB HDD

Try hooking it to another TV (make sure the Lilli is OK)?

And maybe hook the Lilli to a VCR or something?

Comment

Yeah this is the plan. Im hesitant to plug the carputer into the house TV as it's some distance to the garage (and its a 68cm TV so dragging it outside not really viable, middle of winter here in Adelaide = lots o rain!).

Still got a couple of tricks up my sleeve - i understand the Nvidia S-video output has composite signal on extra 3 pins so may look into this.

Many thanks for your suggestions, open to anyone else still!
      1995 Ford Falcon - All Australian Car with All American Horsepower!
      Athlon 1333Mhz, 256MB DDR, GeForce4 MX 440, 20GB HDD

Comment

Working...
      X