Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i fit my in-dash housing into this dash?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i fit my in-dash housing into this dash?

Alright everyone, thanks for reading this. Here's my problem:

First look at corolladash.jpg. This is a picture of the place in my dash where i want to put my touch lcd that i will buy from digitalww. It is the one with indash housing. I would like to stick it in the upper compartment that you see there.
    All was goign well until i foudn out that it is too tall for me. My slot is barely 2" and the in dash housing is liek 2 1/8th inches. Now i was wondering how i could craft this little bugger into fitting. The rest of the pictures are just a bunch of pictures of the inside of my dash.
    I can't think of how else i can show better my problem. If you have any questions i'll reply fast as i'll check this thread as continuously as possible.

EDIT: I know i have a double din head unit and i coudl buy a single din one, but i really dont' want a new head unit because i like the looks of mine right now.
    Attached Files

Ahh sweeet man thanks for the help, any other replies would be nice.

Comment

just start cutting the hell out of it, try to fit and cut some more, but you will mess your dash up, thats what i did in my 01 blazers dash click below

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22219
      01 blazer, LS1 engine, TR 220/220 cam, vig 3200 stall, 5.3 stage 1.5 ported heads, titanium retainers, APR harden push rods, dual X magnaflow 2.5's

Interior: AutoMeter ultra lite's, panasonic cq8100u, kicker 8" L7's, kenwood 800 amp, PS/2,

Comment

Just lose the bottom slot as well!
        Or perhaps you could chop down the in-dash housing of the lilliput to make it fit a single slot...?
        In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")
        Bunny's first poo
        __ U

Comment

any reason why u wouldnt just rip out ur stock radio/cd player and install it in that place? dont u think the screen would be too low in the bottom compartment, and wouldnt the gear stick be in the way?

Comment

Working...
          X