Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput + headlights = inerference

Hi all

Well currently in the testing phase of the carputer. One of the issues I've identified concerns using the screen at night (i.e. using screen whilst headlights are on). This applies to both the TV function and whilst using lilliput as carputer monitor.

The effect its having is a "bar" of darkness (i.e. darker than rest of screen)which scrolls down the screen about once every second.

I'm thinking this is more likely to be interference through the power supply to the screen, as opposed to 'RF' interference within the inputs.

Its wired up to the cigarette lighter's +ve and -ve (i.e. behind dash)

Does this sound like a regulating issue (am still using the egg)? or possible grounding problem? A friend thinks the screen should have its own grounding, as opposed to using the -ve ground of the cigarette lighter.

Would like to hear your thoughts on the issue.

Yes, I've had a good search.
    1995 Ford Falcon - All Australian Car with All American Horsepower!
    Athlon 1333Mhz, 256MB DDR, GeForce4 MX 440, 20GB HDD

That's opposite of me, my screen stops scrolling when i turn on my lights, the voltage comes down a bit, if it's too high, it'll scroll. I plan on ditching the egg, and encourage you to do so as well.
    My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
    2 Kicker Comp 10"
    Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
    Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
    Check it out?!

Comment

Originally posted by Pudge
      That's opposite of me, my screen stops scrolling when i turn on my lights, the voltage comes down a bit, if it's too high, it'll scroll. I plan on ditching the egg, and encourage you to do so as well.
      Yeah thanks for the tip Pudge - I might get a multimeter onto that +ve and see what kind of voltage is coming through the egg. On the weekend I'll try a 12v molex connector from the PS and see if that helps.

Cheers mate (still open to suggestions, lol)
      1995 Ford Falcon - All Australian Car with All American Horsepower!
      Athlon 1333Mhz, 256MB DDR, GeForce4 MX 440, 20GB HDD

Comment

Working...
      X