lilliput screenprotector now available from nushield website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lilliput screenprotector now available from nushield website

i'm not sure whether it's been posted already, but i just ordered the nushield screenprotectors for the lilliput 7" monitor from www.nushield.com.

i posted last month that i tested a demo film that the VP of marketing from nushield sent me and it was going to be put on their website soon...well here they are.

they're adhesive-free, easy to install and relatively durable. clarity is pretty good but don't fool yourselves - the lilliputs aren't very clear to begin with anyway.

awesome i've been waiting for these.

thanks.
    2001 Acura CL traded for a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT
    7" Lilliput Touchscreen
    NANO-ITX+m1-atx
    512 DDRsodimm
    60g SATA Laptop HD
    4x Apple DVDslot
    digimoto OBDii
    mS GPS
    mini BT keyboard
    relocated HU faceplate

Comment

Do they stop the glare though?
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

i went to home depot and got a piece of plexiglass for $5 and cut it to shape and installed it on the inside of the lilli housing

Comment

Originally posted by krystar
          i went to home depot and got a piece of plexiglass for $5 and cut it to shape and installed it on the inside of the lilli housing
          I guess with that plexiglass in there you have to push REALLY hard for the touchscreen to work????

Does anybody know how this Nushield thing would fit on the Xenarc's? Is the opening pretty much the same on the two?

And how do you order it from the website. I see Lilliput on the side menu (under Honda and Acura), you click that it takes you to a screen with a picture of the Lilliput, you click that you go to a 5 step odering screen and it asks you to select Manufacture, where Lilliput is not listed....

Comment

naw i'm not using the touch for now hehe. when i use it, i take the plexi off

Comment

Originally posted by dug1967
              I guess with that plexiglass in there you have to push REALLY hard for the touchscreen to work????

Does anybody know how this Nushield thing would fit on the Xenarc's? Is the opening pretty much the same on the two?

And how do you order it from the website. I see Lilliput on the side menu (under Honda and Acura), you click that it takes you to a screen with a picture of the Lilliput, you click that you go to a 5 step odering screen and it asks you to select Manufacture, where Lilliput is not listed....

clicking on the lilliput link on the side brings you to the liiliput screen protector page. on your right side, it says select your model - there's only one there - choose that and it will put it in your check-out cart. from there it would be standard check out procedures.

Comment

how can no one answer the question about the glare??? Oh wait... I know...cause it wouldn't help 1 bit...

Comment

Originally posted by nl4jy
                  how can no one answer the question about the glare??? Oh wait... I know...cause it wouldn't help 1 bit...

i'll tell ya when i receive mine.
                  2001 Acura CL traded for a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT
                  7" Lilliput Touchscreen
                  NANO-ITX+m1-atx
                  512 DDRsodimm
                  60g SATA Laptop HD
                  4x Apple DVDslot
                  digimoto OBDii
                  mS GPS
                  mini BT keyboard
                  relocated HU faceplate

Comment

nl4jy

i started the other thread that asks how to protect your lilliput touchscreen. This is the result of that...nushield carrying a new size for precut for us.

You are asking about glare....we are talking about screen protection

two seperate issues.

If anything i would think that it increases glare. I have a screen protector (not by newshield though) and it does add a little glare but i don't have a glare problem anyways and when it comes to protecting my investment it is a must. My last lilliput has some noticeable scratches in it. WHen i bought the new one i was sure to protect this one. As many are finding the touchpanel scratches easily
                    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

I just ordered.

(3 for $15)+3wipes for 1.49 +3.43 shipping = $20

Thanks. I'll let you know about the glare.
                      Considering that i may have my lilliput able to be removed for security puposes, this should protect soem stupid scratches.
                      --------
                      mykolJay
                      99 Accord coupe
                      http://www.geocities.com/accordpc
                      My Project Thread on mp3car.com

Comment

Originally posted by nl4jy
                        i've had mine on for almost a month now.

the screenprotector itself is transparent. it does not ADD or SUBTRACT from the already dull lilliput screens (at least the ones with the touchscreen). but is does exactly what it's meant to - protect your screen. try it out and make your own decision.

here's a link to my car with the protectors installed...
                        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27941

Comment

"lilliputs aren't very clear", "already dull lilliput screens", my friends it's not liliput's 100% fault, you are using it with the touch screen installed. even i, installed touchscreens for 4 years wasn't fond of using touch screens, dulls the clarity and sharpness of the graphics/pictures, messy from constant touching with a finger tip plus adds thichness to the overall size. i use girder and remote, keeps my screen clean, tidy, and sharp.

"messageexpressedarefromtheauthordoesn'tactuallyre flectstheviewoftherestalthoughyoucanstillponderatt histoughts"
                          [....99.9%]
                          [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
                          [....99.8%]
                          [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
                          [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

Comment

Originally posted by danon
                            "lilliputs aren't very clear", "already dull lilliput screens", my friends it's not liliput's 100% fault, you are using it with the touch screen installed. even i, installed touchscreens for 4 years wasn't fond of using touch screens, dulls the clarity and sharpness of the graphics/pictures, messy from constant touching with a finger tip plus adds thichness to the overall size. i use girder and remote, keeps my screen clean, tidy, and sharp.

"messageexpressedarefromtheauthordoesn'tactuallyre flectstheviewoftherestalthoughyoucanstillponderatt histoughts"

Don't suppose you could post a pic of that in action could you...?
                            In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(")
                            Bunny's first poo
                            __ U

Comment

Originally posted by Spaghetti
                              Don't suppose you could post a pic of that in action could you...?

installing touchscreen or using girder and remote?
                              [....99.9%]
                              [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
                              [....99.8%]
                              [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
                              [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

Comment

Working...
                              X