Xenarc changing colours ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc changing colours ???

Ive got a Xenarc 7" ts the older type and after 8 months of constant usuage It has started changing colours,

When the screen is touched somtimes the colour will change and go a bluey green colour, it happens more and more now, if i tap the screen it comes back to full colour.

I have taken the monitor out but really dont know what I am looking for, I have tried to touch stuff on the back to see if its somthing loose as mines flush mounted in my car, so the rear is removed, but it doesnt change colour or come back to normal by touching the back.

Im wondering if its actually somthing to do with the screen itself, maybe after time the screen breaks down?

Anyone else had this problem or know of a fix

Cheers

Ronny
    www.fsplanes.net NEW site

AMD XP 1800+ / 256mb ram ddr / 2 x 60gig hdd / Asus mobo micro ATX / GF-FX5200 / BU 303 GPS reciever / dlink usb radio

Software:
    Window's XP SP1 / USB Radio / Destinator v2 / Mediacar / 3000 mp3's / 30 movies

Well I wouldn't know the answer 2 days ago...But I think I know the answer now.
    It's your connector...(the 1 that connects to the screen)

1 or more of those tiny pins lost contact. You must have the serial version 1 too right?

Comment

i think 4l4jy is probably right. as you drop pinns off the buss that addresses the video signal strange things will happen to teh colors. this is much more likley the internal connector than it is the vga cable on the back unfortunatly.

Is your Xenarc still under warenty?

If no then we can talk about taking it apart and what to "wiggle"

Comment

Originally posted by StationRocket
        i think 4l4jy is probably right. as you drop pinns off the buss that addresses the video signal strange things will happen to teh colors. this is much more likley the internal connector than it is the vga cable on the back unfortunatly.

Is your Xenarc still under warenty?

If no then we can talk about taking it apart and what to "wiggle"
        I've tried wiggling the leads it is a serial version the older Xenarc, I have also spoken to Armen and shown him pics of it, tbh its very strange, it only does it when you move the screen while mounted but I cant for the life of me replicate it while the screen is in my hand, its as if somthing is pushing against it while its mounted.

My screen is already removed from the case and is well out of warranty

Cheers for the replies
        www.fsplanes.net NEW site

AMD XP 1800+ / 256mb ram ddr / 2 x 60gig hdd / Asus mobo micro ATX / GF-FX5200 / BU 303 GPS reciever / dlink usb radio

Software:
        Window's XP SP1 / USB Radio / Destinator v2 / Mediacar / 3000 mp3's / 30 movies

Comment

there is a flat cable that connects the lcd module to the driver board inside the display. that is the cable that i think is most likley the problem. if you can replicate the issue be wiggling it (BE VERY CAREFULL WHAT YOU TOUCH THERE ARE SOME HIGH VOLTAGES IN THERE) then you can push it into place and use some RTV (best kind to use is labled aquariun sealent) to fix it in place.

Comment

Working...
          X