Automate LCD brightness settings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automate LCD brightness settings?

I'm getting annoyed at having to adjust the screen everyday when it gets dark and in the morning. Has anyone found a way to automate this? Also, my xenarc touchscreen has a problem of not remembering the last brightness settings after it has been shut off. Is this the case for all screens? Everytime I start my car I'm constantly sitting there adjusting the brightness because it goes back to default settings.
    Shuttle xPC w/ Athlon 2400+
    512MB ddr266
    GeForce4 128MB agp video
    250GB WD SE
    USB2.0 DVD/CD-RW slim drive
    7" Xenarc TSV touchscreen
    PAC Audio AUX input module
    Opus 150W PS
    iGuidance usb GPS
    RF keyboard/mouse
    Mobile Media Center

you may set up timer with software...
    or you may tweak with wire...

Originally posted by Bbrian
    I'm getting annoyed at having to adjust the screen everyday when it gets dark and in the morning. Has anyone found a way to automate this? Also, my xenarc touchscreen has a problem of not remembering the last brightness settings after it has been shut off. Is this the case for all screens? Everytime I start my car I'm constantly sitting there adjusting the brightness because it goes back to default settings.

Comment

Suprising as it may seem, media engine has a setting whereby you can have daytime and nighttime settings, where the backlight/brightness is adjusted at the defined time.
      Dont think u use media engine tho, so prob no help! sorry
      www.leoncupra.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Pabs
        Suprising as it may seem, media engine has a setting whereby you can have daytime and nighttime settings, where the backlight/brightness is adjusted at the defined time.
        Dont think u use media engine tho, so prob no help! sorry
        I kinda found something that might help me. I will give it a try... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...+bright+adjust
        Shuttle xPC w/ Athlon 2400+
        512MB ddr266
        GeForce4 128MB agp video
        250GB WD SE
        USB2.0 DVD/CD-RW slim drive
        7" Xenarc TSV touchscreen
        PAC Audio AUX input module
        Opus 150W PS
        iGuidance usb GPS
        RF keyboard/mouse
        Mobile Media Center

Comment