Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xenarc touch screen stops responding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Xenarc touch screen stops responding

    The touch screen on my Xenarc works good for a few minutes then just stops responding, my computer is running fine and have more than enough speed and mem to handle everything. Once it stops responding I can turn it off and then back on again and it will start responding again (eventually stopping after a few minutes). I called Xenarc and the guy wasn't helpful at all he just told me to send it in when I don't even think it's a hardware problem. Any advice? I'm going to update the driver, run windows update's, and cross my fingers.

  • #2
    Sounds like a hardware problem. I deal with regular-sized monitors with touchscreen (Restaurant POS systems) and what you have described is usually caused by touchscreen controller failure.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by XxAndyxX
      The touch screen on my Xenarc works good for a few minutes then just stops responding, my computer is running fine and have more than enough speed and mem to handle everything. Once it stops responding I can turn it off and then back on again and it will start responding again (eventually stopping after a few minutes). I called Xenarc and the guy wasn't helpful at all he just told me to send it in when I don't even think it's a hardware problem. Any advice? I'm going to update the driver, run windows update's, and cross my fingers.
      What does it say under your hardware device manager?
      Is is working or not? It should tell you what is wrong.

      Good luck..

      o/______\o
      (oo_OO_oo)
      []o-----------o[]
      '94 320i

      Comment


      • #4
        You didn't cover the ventilation holes on the back of the display, right? I'd make sure it's not an overheating issue with the TS controller...
        2003 Toyota Camry V6
        Kenwood Excelon 790 HU, VIA C7 + M2-ATX, Xenarc 700TSV, and 5 discreetly installed amps.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kgasso
          You didn't cover the ventilation holes on the back of the display, right? I'd make sure it's not an overheating issue with the TS controller...
          Oops, I do have it covered with some tape... Do you think any perminant damage has occured?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by euro320i
            What does it say under your hardware device manager?
            Is is working or not? It should tell you what is wrong.

            Good luck..
            It says it's working good in Device manager, and I have the new drivers and everything installed but still messes up on me.

            The reason I thought it was software related is because the guy at tech support said he's never heard of it doing this before.

            Comment


            • #7
              Sounds like cooling issues. Can you use the cars vent systems to cool it?
              Good luck.

              o/______\o
              (oo_OO_oo)
              []o-----------o[]
              '94 320i

              Comment


              • #8
                Turns out I took off the tape blocking the holes in the back and now it works great!!! Thanks SOOO much for the advice, that would have been a big hassel to send it in and there would be nothing wrong with it and would have sucked.

                Thanks again!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  XxAndyxX,

                  Excellent. Now we know that heat will definitely cause the touchscreen controller to fail after a while.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It may also be loose connections inside the xenarc. Thats the exact problem I had. I bet it also gets innacurate before stopping responding entirely. You can open it up and wiggle the connections, but BE CAREFUL!!!!! Just today I tore an inductor off my backlight inverter because the hot glue holding the speaker in place had melted onto it. If after taking the screws out (the 4 ones in the back, and the 2 on the bottom near the mounting hole) the back does not come easily free, don't go any further! you could break something.
                    A digital mind lost in an analog world.

                    Learn to ask smart questions!
                    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

                    My car PC: The Lost Cause!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by fluffy2097
                      It may also be loose connections inside the xenarc. Thats the exact problem I had. I bet it also gets innacurate before stopping responding entirely. You can open it up and wiggle the connections, but BE CAREFUL!!!!! Just today I tore an inductor off my backlight inverter because the hot glue holding the speaker in place had melted onto it. If after taking the screws out (the 4 ones in the back, and the 2 on the bottom near the mounting hole) the back does not come easily free, don't go any further! you could break something.
                      As the saying goes... If it isn't broken don't fix it (or something like that). Since it is working now I think I'll leave it alone. But if it happends again I will try what you're saying. Thanks.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X