anyone use CASKA??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone use CASKA??

just got a motorised in DIN monitor - is super cool but the onlywireconnection on the backthat irecogniseis the RCA "AV in" and the only RCA output from my puter is TV out which as i have just discovered is why im getting a fuzzy picture.

the socket looks a bit like the old (pre PS2) keyboard sockets - can any one iodentify a seriel -> dodgy wierd socket cable or at least identify the socket??

Many thanks!!

the computer has the socket your trying to identify??
    or the monitor? if its the computer and it has 4 or 7 pins it could be svideo or an svideo/rca combination

any chance of a pic?

cheers

Comment

dad pinched digicam and took it on holiday! erm... its the socket on the back of the screen.... its looks like the typewhere you would plug an older keyboard into (before PS 2 came along!)

Nick

Comment

hey i got a caska also.

the indash 7" with a tv tuner

the connection ur talking about could be for a camera input?
        View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

like this
          View My Blog

Comment

yes that is the one!! any chance of a cable from serial monitor connection??

sorry about late reply been working away all weekend.

thanks lots - know anything about the cable??

On2

Comment

sorry - wrong wrong

it is an 8 pin plug but very similar....

will look for pic now

on2

Comment

it should be called an 8pin DIN plug
                and what do u mean serial monitor connection? from a computer screen?
                View My Blog

Comment

the standard cableto plug a standard monitor into a standard PC!

surely this is where the best quality pic is?

so can i get a cable to plug in to the monitor socket on PC - instead of RCA TV out (which is prob giving me blrry signal)that will go into Caska??

Comment

all good i get you now..
                    no i dont think u can.. that plug just has 2 wires for the video signal and 2 wires to power the camera.. i dont think the others are used..
                    View My Blog

Comment

do you get good pic with your Caska- if so which model is it and does it fit in DIN HU space??

On2

Comment

its the one with a 7" screen and a tv tuner
                        View My Blog

Comment

confirmed with manufacter you are 100% correct other cables are not used and res is not enough for PC,

do you use yours powered by PC?? if so is the pic good?

Thanksfor all your help mate

Comment

Mate i nearly bought a caska too with the intention of using the TV OUT (RCA) connection that comes out of my EPIA TV out on my motherboard but like you said the picture quality is crap! a few people on here will tell you the same thing DONT! use tv out even the best tv out chipsets such as the Mobil Radeon by ATI that give crystal clear tv out signals are **** for CAR PC uses the text will look blurry the refresh rate will be annoying the gps information will be too distorted to see! its all too much bother if i had gone through with the caska purchase the one that looks super cool with the blue backlite or the new on with the tv etc i wouldve ended up buying a lilliput rippling the lcd from it and trying to graft it into the caska housing.

as for the connections you refrering too the PS2 in commonly known as a mini din the PS2 part is purely for the mouse only! not the keyboard alough they look the same.
                            the older type was just a din plug as for how many pins count them!! on the caska like the others have said proberly that socket is for a rear view camera or something not for vga, vga is a 15 pin D Type connection that carries clock pulse (Sync) Red Green & Blue data plus numerous GNDS and other signals i doubt you could wire that to the DIN plug your referring too hope this helps!
                            Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
                            www.aimee.cc

Comment

Bit late now......

Selling to mate for use with his in car DVD.

SO then.... what is the best in-dash, motorised folding out 7" (ish) screen available that has top pic quality and is VGA???

your help is mega appreciated!!

Cheers mate
                              On2

Comment

Working...
                              X