No announcement yet.

New DigitalWW screen, anyone have one?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DigitalWW screen, anyone have one?

Anyone see this yet?

http://www.digitalww.com/DWW-7VGT.htm

I'm thinking of grabbing this one eventually. Looks friggin cool, and a better deal then the old one.

Anyone have it yet to give any feedback or comparison of it?

This is just a Liliput with the indash housing ( instead of the xenarc ) , it has more nits!
    Here in Portugal we have great weather, lots of brunnets, party a lot,drink a lot....
    http://img138.echo.cx/img138/896/bannerjoshua5dy.jpg

Comment

I ordered mine on the 13th and haven't received yet. As it says on the site, they are custom building them with one of the lilliputs they sell and the in-dash housing they sell.....Mine won't ship until probably this next Monday

Comment

Hi there,

yeah ive got one. There ok but to be honest until armen sorts out i few niggles ive got i cant really give a fair review.

ATM, the screen catches on the lower lip when retracted and is slowly 'scratchin' away. The screen looks 'lop sided' when retracted also. Also when driving the flap rattles so much and where the screen is scratching, it keeps rattlling there also.

Havent had a reply from armen for over a week, maybe hes busy i dont know, but now theyve gone out of stock for 2weeks so my chance of getting a replacement or anything fixed has just gone out of the window.

Apart from the above, the screen is pretty clear and bright, and ive had absolutely no probs with the touchscreen like other lilli users.

Just hope armen can sort me out ASAP......

Jamie

Comment

I got it but havent put it in yet. Looks and works decent! The only problem that I have is the fact that i has a little plastic tie wrap end sticking out of one hole in the bottom of the unit and that is preventing it from sitting even on a flat surface. I am hoping that there is a quick fix for that I have also noticed that the unit gets hot after 6 or 7 hours of operation. Other than that so far so good for now.

Migrane
          ... you don't need eyes to see ... you need vision !!!

Comment

Originally posted by live2themaxuk
            Hi there,

yeah ive got one. There ok but to be honest until armen sorts out i few niggles ive got i cant really give a fair review.

ATM, the screen catches on the lower lip when retracted and is slowly 'scratchin' away. The screen looks 'lop sided' when retracted also. Also when driving the flap rattles so much and where the screen is scratching, it keeps rattlling there also.

Havent had a reply from armen for over a week, maybe hes busy i dont know, but now theyve gone out of stock for 2weeks so my chance of getting a replacement or anything fixed has just gone out of the window.

Apart from the above, the screen is pretty clear and bright, and ive had absolutely no probs with the touchscreen like other lilli users.

Just hope armen can sort me out ASAP......

Jamie
            I've got the same problems. I just received my unit a couple of days ago, and the thing is all lopsided when closed, and is pretty difficult to close. Otherwise, the thing looks pretty good and the toucscreen works well (even on my Mac!)

Comment

Originally posted by chiefsalami
              I've got the same problems. I just received my unit a couple of days ago, and the thing is all lopsided when closed, and is pretty difficult to close. Otherwise, the thing looks pretty good and the toucscreen works well (even on my Mac!)
              Thats weird. So what yours is catching on the front too? I can live with the difficulty to close/lopsided look but it catching on closing and rattling is just plain annoying. Tis a shame.

Comment

I have not experienced this problem yet. I am doing the in-dash conversion myself and I'm just finishing it up, but looking at the assembly steps I bet some of the issues are because of this...

I'm probably going to try and come up with an alternative for mine so that the cable retainer is on the outside of the bracket instead of under it.
                Carputer progress meter: [-----|]
                Carputer gadget meter: [--|---]

Comment

m8 i think ive just hit a winner, i never thought of that but i think ure probably right......

I was looking at the old pics of the dww7vga and they didnt look wonky but the new ones did in some install pics on armens site.

Still doesnt divulge from the fact that its already scraped the screen up abit in places....

Comment

I just got this screen and can't seem to be able to pull it out of the housing. How do you take this screen out of its housing??? HELP...

Comment

push it in first it will pop out some on its own
                      Stop Buying New Music CD's.
                      Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Wow, thanks for the input!

So... Hey, keep us all updated on the screen issues, and any homebrew fixes that seem to work. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X