Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all 8" lilliput owners, please test something for me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all 8" lilliput owners, please test something for me.

Ive lost the VGA signal on my 8" lilliput. All the rca's still work. Ive traced a pin on the round din like plug that has no connection the the rectangular end of the plug. This pin relates to the horizontal synch on the VGA signal. Can anyone tell me which pin its supposed to connect to on the end that connects to the lcd screen? Its quite easy to test the continuity, I just touched one end of my probe to the pin I wanted to test and run the other end up and down the 2 rows of pins on the other end and listen for the beep. I have tried but failed to trace the wire from this pin, they are too small and messed up to try and trace, and all the soldered connections have small heatshrink covers on them, the wire might have even broken inside its insulation and is not even reaching the connector. Id really appreciate anyone who can help me on this, I dont really want to send it back if its just a simple bad connection.

I would suggest try to get a new cable from Lilliput instead...

Comment

Should be getting mine in the next few days. If no-one gets back to you then i'll test it for you.
      Components: Lilliput 8" Touch, M10000 Nehemiah, 40GB Hitachi 2.5" Hdd, WPPS80 DC-DC power supply, custom enclosure, GPS Mouse, MediaRemote, Zippy Illuminated Mini Keyboard
      To Do: Sort out my startup issues - Build tank circuit.
      % Complete: 95

Comment

Originally posted by brex
        I would suggest try to get a new cable from Lilliput instead...
        I suspect that this is exactly what he's trying to avoid.

C!
        http://carpc.riposte.net
        I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

Yes exactly, shipping and the cost of a new cable would be a pain, if its not the problem Ive wasted my time and cash, plus I like to fix stuff but I need some info to do that. Badass that would be great if you could, Im surprised there are no other 8" owners with a continuity tester.

Comment

I have an 8" lilli, and theres a continuity tester somewhere in the Great Pile of Caputer Waste that is the leftovers of my project in my garage... Perhaps i can get to that this weekend.

Comment

Thatd be great, it may even help others who are having screen connection problems, I know there are more than a few..

Comment

Has anyone found the time to test this one for me yet, looking at my $500 screen that doesnt work is getting a bit depressing...

Comment

Hi Chargin,
                  I am supposed to get delivery of my 8in Lilli on the weekend. After I get it, I'll do a cont test for you. Are you in EU or US?

o/______\o
                  (oo_OO_oo)
                  []o-----------o[]
                  '94 320i

Comment

Hi Euro, Im actually waaay down here in South Australia... be great if you can test that out for me, all my hopes are pinned on it not being an unused pin...

Comment

Sorry Chargin,

Still waiting for mine to turn up.... I'm getting twitchy! I want it now!!!
                      As soon as it arrives I'll get it tested.
                      Components: Lilliput 8" Touch, M10000 Nehemiah, 40GB Hitachi 2.5" Hdd, WPPS80 DC-DC power supply, custom enclosure, GPS Mouse, MediaRemote, Zippy Illuminated Mini Keyboard
                      To Do: Sort out my startup issues - Build tank circuit.
                      % Complete: 95

Comment

Originally posted by chargin
                        Hi Euro, Im actually waaay down here in South Australia... be great if you can test that out for me, all my hopes are pinned on it not being an unused pin...
                        Hi Chargin, I just got in upacked but not even installed but got something for you.

/ ..*..................* \
                        / ......................*. \

That's the way it looks Chargin. Looking at a trapezoid, the THIRD PIN and the Last PIN on the top, And the SECOND to the Last pin on the bottom row.

The number of pins are unfortunately not accurate but you the the idea.

I wish you good luck Chargin, I'm off to test my monitor now. I hop you can remedy your problem.

o/______\o
                        (oo_OO_oo)
                        []o-----------o[]
                        '94 320i

Comment

Euro, thanks for that, 3 pins?? hmm looks tricky, you are sure on that?
                          I just checked the bottom pin on your pic, the one that is the 2nd pin in from the edge, this has continuity to the pin immediately to the left of the one I pointed out in my picture, not the pin I asked about, can you double check this?
                          Maybe even recheck the other 2, I was only expecting there to be one connection? The earths have many but this should have been only one. Thanks for taking the time, hope yours is more reliable huh...

Comment

And the 3rd one in from the left seems to be an earth so u might have mixed that one up?? But!! the one on the very end, top right, is it, I moved it to get the probe on it and it broke off from the solder joint, gotta be it, not 100% yet but it must be
                            Thanks mate!!

Comment

fixed! Awesome, I poked and prodded around looking for a bad conn, got nowhere, Thanks again Euro!!

Comment

Working...
                              X