lcd and amp question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lcd and amp question?

I have a 2001 diamante LS and am going to try to put a 7" LCD where the stock stereo is right now and the extra compartment. Instead of buying a lilliput and removing the case can i just buy a lcd touchscreen from somewhere? I will post some pictures after work of where i m planning on putting the LCD so it will be more clear.

I still have to find a place for putting the new stereo at (maybe in the glovebox, but that might look tacky. I might just eliminate the stereo/ aux. input method and try to do it with an amp...i have no idea on the amp method so input on that would be helpful as well...does my car come with a stock amp i can use already or do i have to purchase a sepearate one?

thanks

ok...anyone?

Also is it ok to use a Power Distribution Block if i am going with the amp setup without head unit. That way I wont have to run 2 seperate power cables all the way to the trunk from the battery. This way I can have one power cable going to the trunk to the Power Distribution Block and then split one to opus and the other to my amp.

thanks

Comment

check out http://www.digitalww.com/
      they have what you need.. Good idea with the amp, just make sure you get a low enough gauge for both your amp and opus. Remember WAV! watts = amps * volts
      for the main fuse. good luck.

Comment

ok thanks any other suggestions?? regarding brands or thypes of amps. I have a total of 8 speakers on my car.

2 on rear
        2 on front door
        2 on top of front door (tweeters)
        2 on dashboard

Will a 4 channel amp work?

Comment

Personally, I am not sure about the amplifier or I would offer a sugg.

That said, this question would probably be much better answered in the Audio section, rather than the LCD section. Repost the question there. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X