Lilliput XGA Composite Inputs..HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput XGA Composite Inputs..HELP!

Hey everyone. I just purchased a Lilliput XGA touchscreen and am having problems with the composite inputs. I thought that it would simply be plug-n-play, however I spent probably about an hour messing around with the settings without any success.

VGA works perfectly and I can hear sound when I'm in composite video mode, I just simply can't see any image! "No Video" just displays on the screen. I've tried to push my USB plug in all the way and it still doesn't work. I tried to get the inputs to switch using the OSD menu and it appears that "s connector" is VIDEO 1 (however I don't have any s-video inputs). Is this odd or is it just me?

Please help me out. The reason why I bought a lilliput was because it was cheap and had 2 video inputs. Rahh!

First off, plug something else into it to see whether it's your monitor having problems
    or the sending device.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

I have! I tried many different inputs. (Camera, Playstation, VCR) So far, VGA only works perfectly...I can't see any image on composite . HELP Please...im so sad right now. (just got the monitor 2 days ago and i'm already sad.)

Comment

It's safe to assume you hit the video source button to select VIDEO1 or 2, right?
        2004 4runner

Comment

Yes, it's safe. I've tried on the remote and on the screen itself. PC/AV still just "No Video".

There shouldn't be any settings that I need configure before seeing composite video right? No NTSC settings or anything like that right? Well, even if that was the case, I played around with most of them. I can't believe this, is there something wrong with my new monitor!? If true, then

Comment

Make sure that your RCA video in is plugged into the YELLOW plug of the wierd fake usb connector and not the RED or WHITE ones? I got mine to work simply but plugging it in, turning it on and pressing the source button...

Comment

could ba a bad cable, mine wouldnt do vga until I resoldered a bad conn

Comment

Originally posted by chargin
                could ba a bad cable, mine wouldnt do vga until I resoldered a bad conn
                Turns out that it was a bad cable. The guy that I bought it from said that Lilliput's cables had a 4% chance of being defective. I had to return the cable back to him today so I could get a new one. I hope he's right. Those bastards!

Comment

Make sure it's a TSV model. The TS model doesn't have active composite inputs.
                  My Install Thread
                  digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
                  How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

Originally posted by ppgt94
                    Make sure it's a TSV model. The TS model doesn't have active composite inputs.

Haha, not to make you look like you didn't read ppgt94, but as stated in the header, this is a Lilliput, not Xenarc..

thanks anyways though.

Comment

Here are a couple of ideas:

I plug my laptop into my home receiver via USB. If it becomes disconnected, or the receiver's protective circuitry overloads, it messes up the USB- this requires me to restart for it to work properly again.

Also, just a thought, but I have to have the USB plugged in before I bootup in order for the audio to work properly. Try plugging in your monitor, THEN boot up your computer

Another idea:
                      Go to Control Panel and look for settings there. They could be in DISPLAY, but more than likely they would be wherever your video card settings are. Mine are in Control Panel -> Intel Extreme Graphics. When I use my S-Video out on my laptop, I have to go here to specify how to use the second monitor.

Hopefully this will help you if your problem is not the cable.
                      CarPC #3: 99% Complete
                      Pentium M 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM
                      DVD/CD-RW installed in dash below monitor
                      OEM LCD relocated for 7" Touchscreen
                      Wi-Fi, GPS, PS2 controllers...
                      500+ full albums
                      4,000+ video games
                      music videos, movies, & more!
                      old carPC

Comment

Working...
                      X