Audio noise, only with Lilli LCD on.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio noise, only with Lilli LCD on.

OK, donnt yell at me. but I didnt find any threads on this: I have all my audio noises gone except I have a buzzing noise with the Lilli on only.
    The screen is installed into my cluster, in front of my speedometer (I use the GPS for a speedo).
    My PSU and inverter are grounded. I am running power for the Lilli LCD to my fuse box. (12 V with the egg) I have tried different fuses and ran it straight from the battery. Still have the buzzing noise through my stereo. I am running wires from the PC sound card to my head unit "audio in". Regardless, the buzz is only with the LCD on.
    I do plan to get an Opus sometime and run the Lilli power from that, but for now I'd like to get rid of the noise.
    Any help????
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

One of my noise problems I have is that, the same for me. When I switch on the Lilliput and engine is running, noise, but when I switch off or stop the engine, no noise. ????????????????
    Epia M10000
    PW80
    40GB 3,5"
    Touchscreen 7" Lilliput
    Still "housing" it.

Comment

The noise you are hearing I BET comes from the lilliput power egg. Its a piece of **** and needs throwing. I thought i had suddenly developed alternator nise until i realised it the stupid little egg. lol

Comment

Originally posted by windalo
        One of my noise problems I have is that, the same for me. When I switch on the Lilliput and engine is running, noise, but when I switch off or stop the engine, no noise. ????????????????
        Since I use an inverter, I decided to use the Lilli AC adapter. Now the noise is gone AND the LCD is much clearer
        AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

i have that sound too...i might try switching to a different way of powering it...

do you think it could be the screen emitting emi? cuz i get sound from speakers too

Comment

Originally posted by aznblueeboi
            i have that sound too...i might try switching to a different way of powering it...

do you think it could be the screen emitting emi? cuz i get sound from speakers too
            I don't know. I was gonna switch to the Opus PSU, but now I'm worried I'll get the noise back
            AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

Hmm.. i Wondered about that aswell.. I sometimes have really poor quality on my Lilli.. What is the egg for anyway ? can't I just cut it out between ? Or does it server an important purpose ? Can I replace it with something else ?

Thanks
              I'm going to hell, who's comin' with me ?

Renault LagunaII 1.9 CDI
              Carputer Install Progress: [*********-] 90% - Cleaning up

VIA-MII10000 - 512MB Ram - 80Gb HD - Lilliput - GPS - OPUS 150Watt

Comment

Originally posted by Noctris
                Hmm.. i Wondered about that aswell.. I sometimes have really poor quality on my Lilli.. What is the egg for anyway ? can't I just cut it out between ? Or does it server an important purpose ? Can I replace it with something else ?

Thanks
                The egg (I believe) is a (cheap) regulator to keep volts around 12+. Since a car's volts can be anywhere between 8 to 15+ volts, I wouldn't remove the egg. I have read threads about people doing that without problems, but it seems a little "chancy" to me. Search other threads about it. If you're using a dc-ac converter, I would just use the ac adapter and plug the Lilli straight into the inverter (using the ac adapter). Mine works great now. no noise, no screen flickering.

If you have a dc-dc converter, you can power the Lilli without the egg from the PSU. But you better check other threads on that also...
                AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

Working...
                X