Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's arrived - 8" Lilliput

Just got my 8" Lilliput this morning.
    Have to say, I'm quite impressed. The build quality seems better than I expected, although the egg regulator looks a bit cheap.
    I hooked the screen up to a PC here in the office, and it started in 1024x768 - I was very impressed with the image quality of this resolution (and 800x600) when it was scaling down, it does a better job than the TFT on my desk does.
    The quality when I dropped it down to native 640x480 was superb.
    Touchscreen seems to work quite well, no problems in the 10 min test I gave it.

I like the fact that the buttons on the screen light up when you press them, and then go out about 5 secs later.

The only thing I did find, was that when i opened the start menu, and selected Programs (and my list of programs appeared) the screen flickers slightly, and if I do it repeatedly it will flick off for a sec, and then reconnect the VGA input. It's like it's loosing sync for a sec.
    Anyone else notice this?

I'm sure it's the analogue to digital circuit, and it's probably normal, as the plasma displays we use in the office for presentations do a similar thing if you scroll a webpage really fast.

Other than that, it's cool!
    Components: Lilliput 8" Touch, M10000 Nehemiah, 40GB Hitachi 2.5" Hdd, WPPS80 DC-DC power supply, custom enclosure, GPS Mouse, MediaRemote, Zippy Illuminated Mini Keyboard
    To Do: Sort out my startup issues - Build tank circuit.
    % Complete: 95

Thanks for the info. Im considering buying one myself. Did you get it off ebay? Or if not, where and how much?
    Peter
    Stop Buying New Music CD's.
    Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Got it off eBay.
      Was a bit wary as a friend of mine got stung on some normal lcd screens - which should have been Pal but were NTSC.

This came from i-Shop4U.
      It was boxed in a nicer than normal (for a Chinese import) box and was sent special delivery (UK) from London.

The price was 205 shipped.

Oh, one more thing, the brightness of the screen seems really nice. Certainly doesn't look too dull through the touchscreen. be interesting to see how well it works in car.

Craig
      Components: Lilliput 8" Touch, M10000 Nehemiah, 40GB Hitachi 2.5" Hdd, WPPS80 DC-DC power supply, custom enclosure, GPS Mouse, MediaRemote, Zippy Illuminated Mini Keyboard

Comment

Ah, so I guess you're in the UK?
        Stop Buying New Music CD's.
        Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

You guessed right!

Comment

Did you try bumping up the refresh rate? In the book it tells you the max... IIRC I'm running [email protected] and VERY happy. Thought the 1024 was a whee bit small for my big fingers
            2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Sedan (Sold)
            2007 Scion tC
            WhereIsMyGPS.net Online Tracker
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/leddy

Comment

I'll try that in a bit - thanks Leddy!

What software are you using for the car pc?

Comment

Mediacar
                2007 Scion tC

Comment

Can you give me a link to the skin you're using?
                  I can't find one suitable for the 4:3 resolution of the 8" Lilli.

Thanks!

Comment

I was working on a slightly modified version of febs skin to suit my needs. I never completed it

I never "released" it cause it wasn't finished and never asked for permission yet as it is based on febs skin

(NOTE: OBDII, Camera, and GPS only lead to external apps in hopes of customized menus being released)

For thread size here's the browser/player
                    http://www.nccgp.com/AUDIO_BROWSER_SS.JPG

http://www.nccgp.com/AUDIO_PLAYER_SS.JPG
                    (NOTE: the space to the left of the ID3 info is reserved in hopes of future developments that allow album pic to be displayed in player)
                    2007 Scion tC

Comment

Shame Leddy, it looks good.
                      I think I might work on my own 640x480 / 800x600 skin, once I've decided what I'm going to use.
                      I'm not sure I like MediaCar 100% - MMC looks like it could be great, and I've not tried Frodo yet - so much choice!

Comment

Hi!

I'm not at all affiliated, in any shape or form with those Hong Kong Ebay traders, this is not a conspiracy!!! But I must say that they actually run from a decent office in an area that I've travelled to before! I know this because I was really rather worried about sending that much money over to Hong Kong via paypal, so I just asked my girlfriend who happened to be in Hong Kong for three weeks and go and pick one up for me! After much investigation, I managed to pin down the "Electronic Car" place and found their full address and telephone number.

They were based in Shatin, which is definitely Hong Kong. I was there 3 years ago, and it was cool. My girlfriend said it was a huge industrial estate, .. not quite like our type of industrial estate, because they had buildings about 30-40 stories tall, but an industrial nethertheless! The office was quite busy according to her, apparently with loads of Ebay trading going on. Hmm.

Well, they tested the 8" Lilliput screen for her there and then, and showed her how to use it when really she just wanted to leave and head out for her own shops! But she got back 3 days ago with the screen and I have to say, it really does work a treat! I guess I won't be tooooooo scared paying that particular trader if I need anything in the future, ... But then I've got my screen already! Cost me 153 all in! Well, .. it cost my girlfriend that much as I haven't actually paid her back yet!

Comment

Ace deal mate, well done!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it... I've now got to work out how and where to mount it without drilling/destroying my car! :-s

I'm tempted to investigate a gooseneck type arrangement...

Oh, and I'm about 70% complete on a new skin for FrodoPlayer for 640x480 screens....
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X