Looking for In dash vga + radio lcd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for In dash vga + radio lcd

As my project come closer to the end (I know it never ends), I am thinking of upgrading my screen, as I am all about a professional look. I currently have a regular composite lcd (Kinda broken as it is, which may affect the pic quality), and am thinking of switching to a vga for better picture. Problem here is that I cant do this unless I find one with a built in radio, or get creative with where I mount my carputers cd drive as I would have to free up the 2nd din. Thanks for any links you guys can throw my way.
    [------X---] 70% done, though that number goes up and down all the time

Yeah good luck lol!
    http://www.mybimmer.net

Comment

Ha ha, crap thats what I was worried about. And I will not use one of those modulators...I want quality damnit Oh well, maybe I will see how long I can put up with this screen. Thanks

Comment

Either do the lilliput/Xenarc indash mod Or wait for the indash xenarc to come out sometime in the next 100 years. Either way your not going to find one with an am/fm tuner.
        Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

W T F !! sorry to be rude but r u serious? Why on earth whould u want a tuner in your lcd? And if you want one that badly get a fm card thay come in usb too.
          2-15" ILO lcd w/DVI
          6800 gt Duel DVI out
          p4 1.6ghz flex atx board
          1gb 400 ram
          120gb(2-60gb raid) sata hd
          2-60gb hotswap
          WIN2K Pro SP2
          M.A.M.E. w/2,300 games
          CARPuter info

Comment

Originally posted by CHUPACABRA
            W T F !! sorry to be rude but r u serious? Why on earth whould u want a tuner in your lcd? And if you want one that badly get a fm card thay come in usb too.
            I think he means a multimedia headunit/monitor that does VGA.
            http://www.mybimmer.net

Comment

My CarPC setup does not include any headunit at all. Perhaps consider buying a seperate USB radio tuner? the low sound output from the PC then goes into an amp and amplified to the speakers.

Car PC v1 - 1999 - 2000
              DOS 6.22 - MPXF - 2x16 LCD - 6.4GB
              Car PC v2 - 2002 - 2006
              XP - 7" wide/touch - GPS - Tank batt relay - 100GB
              Car PC v3 - 2008
              XP - 7" wide/touch - GPS - 802.11g - FM/XM - OBDII - WWW

[||||||||||||||----] 80% complete

Comment

Originally posted by srcstc
                I think he means a multimedia headunit/monitor that does VGA.
                Yeah sorry if I wasnt clear. I have the sony XAV-7W, which is a 7in in dash lcd with fm/am built in. There is no cd drive, which is fine since we have our cd-roms. I was just hoping to find an equivelant one with vga outputs instead. Thanks for the info guys, guess I have some things to decide on now.

Comment

Althought not VGA, see my recent post on display findings

I've just bought a AM/FM radio with an in-dash 7" motorised display to boot... not received yet though
                  Tony P
                  My Carputer Project

Comment

I just sold an in dash motorized 7" Widescreen FM radio/TV with Remote and aerials, 4 composite inputs and 4x 25W outputs for 240
                    Audi S8 supercar
                    Modded Xbox 400GB HD
                    Rear 7" screen & navplus

Toyota Hiace Van
                    Shuttle PIII 866 256Mb 10GB OPUS powered
                    MediaCar & Mappoint 2004
                    Custom fit 7" TFT VGA TSK

Comment

Damn - that would have been handy...
                      Tony P
                      My Carputer Project

Comment

If you could use the housing of your current composite screen to put in a lilliput/xenarc, you would have one cool display!
                        List of front-ends/usefull apps
                        XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Thats not gunna happen after I've paid 250 for it ;P
                          Tony P
                          My Carputer Project

Comment

I personally think a custom fabricated in-dash "mold" looks more "professional" than a motorized flip-up LCD. Have you considered that route? Relocated or ditch the head-unit by replacing it with an amp. Computer > Amp > Speakers. If you get a good amp it will be better quailty than most headunits.
                            My Install Thread
                            digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
                            How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

Well I really dont want to use mu computer all the time, I want to have the option to use tha radio as well. I am sitting on this to see if/when anything developes here...Replace my Head Unit

As far as a molded in lcd, I am still considering this, but the problem there is finding a place for my slimdrive cd/usb ports. I have my motherboard built under the dash without a case...so I have to keep the drive nearby, unless I get a usb-ide. But even then I have to love where it ends up cause I am picky as hell and want it to look like a pro did it. Thast why I hid my motherboard, its like it came with the car

Comment

Working...
                              X