Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using 2 screens ?

Hello,
    i plan to realise a mediacar and this forum is a great help to plan/build this box.

One question remains...
    how can i use 2 screens at the same time ?:
    - one for gps navigation (for me, driving)
    - one for dvd/divx (for kids, waiting...)

looks like Epia MII have CRT and TV-out ports, but i can't find if i can use them for 2 differents displays (and not only in clone mode)...

Thanks.

I'm going to guess that english isn't your first language? :P

Anyway, you'll need a dual head video card, or a second card to add to your onboard video. Look up (google) how to set up dual monitors, it's the same thing, just in a carputer.
    Zen Fat Loss

Comment

What about sound though? What are you gonna do with it?
      Dual screen setup usually helps if u want an on-screen keyboard, control realys etc!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RS3RS
        I'm going to guess that english isn't your first language? :P
        You guess well I'm french.

Originally posted by RS3RS
        Anyway, you'll need a dual head video card, or a second card to add to your onboard video. Look up (google) how to set up dual monitors, it's the same thing, just in a carputer.
        like for a "normal" PC so (will try to find a low profil graphic card)
        As i will not use Epia MII 2 displays ports, better buy a cheaper motherboard ?

Comment

Originally posted by DjBac
          What about sound though? What are you gonna do with it?
          sounds will melt (mixed ?) as navigations sounds and divx sounds are on same channels, but as we are in the same car, same channels or separated channels, we will ear everything anyway so...
          Dual screen setup usually helps if u want an on-screen keyboard, control realys etc!!!
          yes, but in a car, for me, there are 2 uses of a carputer:
          the driver needs to know where to go, and at the same time, passangers needs to distract themselves

Comment

nah, What ur going to have to do is Extend the Desktop. and you drag the Apps into Witch ever window.

Comment

can you setup two touchscreens on one computer? if so how does the software handle it?
              Carputer: 2.8Ghz P4, 512 RAM, 120gb HDD, WIFI, TV tuner, CDRW/DVDROM, Slot load DVD in front.
              Screen: Lilliput 7" touchscreen (Custom made Carbon Fiber Screen Enclosure)
              S2000 Carputer

Comment

I think ur going to need a KVM switch for that.

Comment

Should work

It should work, most motherboards that have a S-video and a VGA out will support a dual desktop. Graphics cards that have TWO VGA outs will ALWAYS support two desktops.

Do this:

You can usually figure it out quite easily by connecting BOTH devices (your TV and Monitor) and then turning on the PC. Then right click on an empty part of your Desktop and select properties. You should be able to extend the desktop to the 2nd monitor or at least do a span.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogi
                    I think ur going to need a KVM switch for that.
                    KVM is for two computers hooked up to one monitor/keyboard/mouse.
                    what the hell are talking about?
                    Carputer: 2.8Ghz P4, 512 RAM, 120gb HDD, WIFI, TV tuner, CDRW/DVDROM, Slot load DVD in front.
                    Screen: Lilliput 7" touchscreen (Custom made Carbon Fiber Screen Enclosure)
                    S2000 Carputer

Comment

Originally posted by darkhalo
                      KVM is for two computers hooked up to one monitor/keyboard/mouse.
                      what the hell are talking about?
                      Are your base are belong to us.

Comment

Why not do what ive done and get yourself a single din dvd player for 100,mount it in the back with some ir headphones....job done.

Comment

Originally posted by shade9
                          You guess well I'm french.

like for a "normal" PC so (will try to find a low profil graphic card)
                          As i will not use Epia MII 2 displays ports, better buy a cheaper motherboard ?
                          You talk well for English not being your first language. I couldn't imagine learning it from scratch, I have a hard enough time with English as it is

Just so long as the video card has two VGA ports on it, then it supports dual monitors without a doubt.

Also, Pogi, a KVM switch is where you want to use 2 computers with one monitor... It's useless for what he's wanting.
                          Zen Fat Loss

Comment

Don't forget that there's also a French-speaking forum out there - the link is on the coyote's MediaCar site somewhere. Aussi, tu parle Anglais pas mal.
                            In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(")
                            Bunny's first poo
                            __ U

Comment

Working...
                            X