What is The best LCD display??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is The best LCD display??

Hi, I am looking for a small LCD display that supports 1024x768 resolution.

Since I don't have much experience of using LCD display, please give me an advice what would be the best LCD for me.

I am planning to hook the LCD with VGA, thus, VGA input will be very helpful. I searched for how to convert the video connector into VGA connector, however, my headache started before find out how to. There was converter available, but I don't want to throw out extra $ if it is not needed.

Thus, please let me know which model to consider.. best in terms of quality and price. There are literally so many sites with hundreds of different models even with different price!!

I found out Lilliput w/ touch screen is quite good; however, I think it uses interpolation to support 1024x768 resolution.

Thanks.

Mike.

I'll be generous and not flame you.

Xenarc 7" with touchscreen 700TS.
    http://www.xenarc.com/product/700ts.html

It is rated at 400 cd/m2 and 300 cd/m2 with the touchscreen.

The lilliput screen is good but truth be told pay $120-140 more and get the Xenarc.
    Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

Perfect thread to get flamed for.

The two main lcd used are the Lilliput and the Xenarc. I my self have the Lilliput with touch screen. Some people have had problems with the lilliput, but I haven't had any so far. The Xenarc costs more than the Lilliput but people have had issues with them as well.

If you look in the LCD forum and do a search, there are a ton of threads on this topic. You will find all the pros and cons with each screen, and people saying that one is better than the other. You'll have to look at how much you can spend and which fits you need the best.

Good Luck, NOOB
      Installed
      Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
      512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
      Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
      [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Liiliput is for sure made in China. Even the Xenarc is a US company, do you know if the monitors are actually US Made? It seems like everything around us is now made in China, directly or indirectly?

If they both are from China, I would go with the cheaper one.

Comment

Originally posted by derekc
          Liiliput is for sure made in China. Even the Xenarc is a US company, do you know if the monitors are actually US Made? It seems like everything around us is now made in China, directly or indirectly?

If they both are from China, I would go with the cheaper one.
          The Xenarc screens are made in Taiwan by a company called GAIN. They are branded Xenarc in US since they are imported and sold by Xenarc.

I bought the same screen from a vendor in the UK and it is not branded "Xenarc" - hope this answers your question?

Plans + status:
          + Ford Galaxy 2001
          + 7" GAIN (Xenarc) screen
          + 2,5" 40 GB Samsung drive
          + slot-load DVD/CDRW
          + USB WiFi
          - mainboard (Epia SP?)
          - housing (home made?)
          - power supply (Opus 90W/150W)
          - USB GPS + USB card-reader

Comment

Yes, Xenarc is made in Taiwan. Without a " Xenarc" badge on the panel, it took me about 200 Pounds to buy one....

Comment

Subjective Topic. Its a balancing act of money vs. quality. I use Xenarc and works really good, Lilliputs are good except for some issues people have and the fact it has no auto-on feature for example.

The best? Definitely better units out there. Theres tru direct Sunlight Readable LCD's at 1000nits, but at the same point, when i emailed the company, the LCD units with VgA's cost 500 Bristish Pounds.

So, best is outweigh choices and go from there.
              Mark

Car'Puter Project
              - Xenarc 700TSV
              - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
              - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
              - M2-ATX
              - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
              - Garmin 15H GPS
              - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Comment

lanpa16 were did you find your "xenarc"

Comment

I ordered from Yahoo bid ( not Ebay! ) .here

Comment

Thanks

Comment