Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What could be the problem with my Lilli?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What could be the problem with my Lilli?

Got it in the mail, and opened it, started working at the very first try. It recognizes the touchscreen, and it works with touching it. BUT look at the calibration. Did it a couple of times, and still the same calibration.

I dont know what it could be. PLS HLP me. Thanx a lot

Does the TS work correctly?

If it does, i wouldn't worry about it, that is what calibration is for.
    Bruno Speech Recognition - Advanced Speech Recognition designed to control any program. Extra support for FrodoPlayer and Winamp.

Comment

It does work. It feels me But when i try to scrool down a window, on top it is on the side, and as i go down it goes i toward the center of the screen, and as i reach the bottom it is again at the side of the screen. At the calibration i do all the right points, and it still comes out ike this. I have no idea why it does that...
      pls hlp me

Comment

same problem.

getting pretty frustrated. Mine worked for the first week or two without a glitch, then I had the problem you have, now it's not responding correctly at all.

I tried flushing the drivers many, many times... I've tried it when it's cold, when it's hot, I've tried both drivers, (3.2.1.2925, & beta 3.2.3.3122). I've tried calibrating (when it does respond, that is). And nothing. Just keeps getting worse & worse.

I realize there's lots of threads about this, but it doesn't seem like anyone has figured out the real answer.

If anyone out there has the solution, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell us all and make it sticky.

Thank you.
        '03 Escape 4WD:
        -iTox mini-itx mobo, Core 2 Duo Mobile 1.66Ghz; 2GB, 80GB 2.5" HD, DS-ATX
        -Transflective 8.4"
        -XM, iG4, OBD-II (BR-3)
        -Rearview camera with auto-switching (modified cheesbox)
        -Slim Slot DVD+RW
        -RR, DFX 4

Comment

said it before and will say it again = com port confllict

or you may have something pushing against the touchscreen itself causing errors
          Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

com port -> I don't think so. Everything's cool in windows device manager; touchkit recognizes usb ts, and no others.

pushing into screen -> Like what? I haven't opened the screen yet, and I'm clearly not standing there with my finger on it. The only thing could maybe be something jammed in the edges, but I don't think that's the case.

I suppose it's possible one of the wires is broken or shorted against the others. That would of course imply the TS needs to be replaced.

Does anyone know if replacing it with the one sold on DigitalWW solves all these problems?

BoyNextDoor, let us know if it gets worse with time. That's what happened to mine. It went from good, to bad on the side, to incorrect everywhere to unresponsive all together.
            '03 Escape 4WD:
            -Transflective 8.4"
            -XM, iG4, OBD-II (BR-3)
            -Slim Slot DVD+RW
            -RR, DFX 4

Comment

It looks like the x axis scale is a bit higher than whatever the driver anticipates as normal. In any case, I though that calibration was supposed handle this exact issue. Maybe try to fool the calibration by intentionally pressing on the screen just to the right of the actual point. On the left side, just press the actuall points. As you move to the right, press a little to the right of the point -- the further you go to the right, the more error you should intentionally introduce. At the extreme right, just press the far right of your touch screen. Even if this works, your probably not going to be able to select anything on the far right of your screen.

Also, IIRC I didn't see any POTS on the touch controller for calibration at the circuit level though it's possible there is a resistor or capacitor in there that's slightly out of spec. It's also possible that a loose connection (from the overlay to the controller) is adding some resistence (or are these capacitive touch screens?) to the x-axis line.
              If your screen is new, your best bet might be to return it BEFORE you crack it open.

Good luck.
              2004 4runner

Comment

I was thinking of returning it to the guy i bought it form. only problem, i baought it on ebay, from hong-kong. Sould i be patient, to see weather it is something with the drivers, or send it back as it is, and hope for a better one?
                I am so dissapointed. but lets hope for the best. Have to try with other drivers too though, i only tried the one on the supplied cd-rom, and the one from digtalww.com. maybe it needs other ones. I already reinstalled windows, so that can't be the case. Hope maybe someone has a clue abaout it. As soon as i get home, i'll look into it. I planed on puting the carpc in the car this weekend, but this glich postponed it. I wanna make a site to it too, and post some pics lateron.

Thanx for your help guys. Appriciate it.
                I'm still a noob. someday i'll be a pro

Comment

I have the same problem.

I converted my LCD to fit in the in-dash housing. After about a month of using it I got the problem you descibed. Tried it on two different computers. One of them worked for a month, then I switched to the new computer and the problem started. When I switched back to the old computer I still had the problem.

Maybe I will try removing all other USB/Serial devices and see if that helps. I've already tried my USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 to see if those were the cause. Same problem on each.

My LCD will usually work for 1 or 2 minutes before becoming completely uncalibratable.

Comment

This is an issue with the touch panel. The glass layer on the panel is separating from the plastic (top layer) layer and this is the result.

You will need a new panel. Ask the seller if they will replace the touch panel for you because this is a very well know problem and should be covered under warranty. You can also buy one from me if you get no where with the seller.

Armen
                    http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

Sent an email to seller about it, and am waiting for response. Will se how it gets solved. I'm hoping for the best. Thanx for the good tipps

I will keep ypu guys posted on this one

More to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalww
                        This is an issue with the touch panel. The glass layer on the panel is separating from the plastic (top layer) layer and this is the result.

You will need a new panel. Ask the seller if they will replace the touch panel for you because this is a very well know problem and should be covered under warranty. You can also buy one from me if you get no where with the seller.

Armen
                        is this seperating due to heat? would there be something we could use to keep the sheets together?

Comment

Originally posted by Tred
                          is this seperating due to heat? would there be something we could use to keep the sheets together?
                          I believe mine seperated due to vibration. The way the panel is mounted (in my in-dash housing) is the LCD is attached to the touchscreen which is attached to the housing. So all of the vibration was acting on the connection between the LCD and touchscreen.

Just my guess.

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31296

Check this out. I had the same problem with my Pocket PCs touchscreen, but I fixed it by opening the case and removing the extra plastic that was pressuring the touchscreen.
                            00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
                            Newest install - my quickest ever
                            My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
                            My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

Latest update: I thought I would reinstall and then open my lilli to see if it's the "small particles pressing on the screen" problem, but I didn't get that far. As soon as I installed the touchkit software, I got blue screen of death (everytime I log on). I can start under safe mode, but that's about the limit of my laptop's usability at this point. I've tried uninstalling many times, (it took about 10 times before touchkit removed itself from the software list in "add or remove programs"). I've run chkdisk, and other things. The touchkit software has obviously not uninstalled itself properly, because when I try running setup again to flush it out, it asks me to completely remove all components. Everytime I say yes, and restart.... same thing: log on -> BSOD

Looks like I may need to wipe my 80G drive clean. That would suck since I have limited resources (like my home computer to copy files to; and most of my software) out here on this deployment.
                              '03 Escape 4WD:
                              -Transflective 8.4"
                              -XM, iG4, OBD-II (BR-3)
                              -Slim Slot DVD+RW
                              -RR, DFX 4

Comment

Working...
                              X