my lilli touch screen is very out!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my lilli touch screen is very out!!!

ok so i got a new touch screen when i do a 25pnt cal. in the WorcolTouch app it is very inacurate here is a copy of the draw test after i traced all the lines if anyone knows how i can fix this pls let me know thank you
    http://jjdphotography.com/pics/lilli.jpg

Originally posted by yamathegreat
    ok so i got a new touch screen when i do a 25pnt cal. in the WorcolTouch app it is very inacurate here is a copy of the draw test after i traced all the lines if anyone knows how i can fix this pls let me know thank you
    http://jjdphotography.com/pics/lilli.jpg
    I had the same problem with my Pocket PC's touchscreen.
    You probably have something inside your lilly's casing that is pressuring the touchscreen making it hard to calibrate. Open your case and see if you can find some chips or bits of plastic that might be pushing the right side of your touchscreen. Sometimes factory casing might cause these problems, in which case you need to remove as much plastic/whatever as you can.
    00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
    Newest install - my quickest ever
    My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
    My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

Had my sceen for a few hours now its doing the same as yours and we dont know why.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyaswell
        Had my sceen for a few hours now its doing the same as yours and we dont know why.
        Check if the casing or any other parts inside it are pressuring the touchscreen from the inside. Trust me - this is the most probable (if not the only) solution. Either that, or give it back to where you bought it from. Doing nothing won't help you. I'm sure it's not a problem with your touchscreen overlay. It's the casing.

Comment

If there was any pressure anywhere on the screen the mouse would move there and stay there so its not that.

We have been looking at it all night and all we can say is
          1. It gets hotter on the right hand side so it may be damaged due to a bad design but you would expect them all to go that way then.

2. The speaker just happens to be on the right hand side at the back,could it be that the speaker magnet has now damaged the touch screen< but you would expect them all to go that way again.

3. We are using win xp pro with sp1 and have tried on another computer with sp2 on,still the same.

Ours has another problem and dosnt come on at boot up just has a blank screen but thats anither matter we plug usb in after.

Is there anyone out there that has had the same problem took it back got another one and just works.

Comment

If there was any pressure anywhere on the screen the mouse would move there and stay there so its not that.
            Wrong, wrong and wrong again. I thought the same thing until I opened my Pocket PC and removed plastic chips that were stuck in there from its previous owner. Think about it, there is absolutely no way for a mouse pointer to get and stay there before you calibrate your screen. Before calibration, the screen doesn't know where to put the mouse pointer at all!
            The way touchscreens work is they use a certain grid to measure electrical pulses on X and Y axles to determine where you pressed it. However, when something is already pressing on the screen from the inside (before you calibrate it) the touchscreen just reads a bigger value and places the cursor off-target. Look, if you don't beleive me, try this little experiment:
            Press and hold your stylus (or whatever input device you use with the lilly) on one spot of the screen, then use another stylus to press somewhere else. You will notice that even though you already pressed the screen at one point, the mouse cursor will move to another spot when you press in another spot. You can try and use a third stylus to press somewhere else - again you will see the mouse cursor move to a new location. Now, assume something is already pressing on the screen before calibration - all your taps in the region will be off target.
            Just trust me - open it up and try to calibrate it with the case open (so that no pressure is applied on the LCD panel itself). You'll see the difference right away. Make sure you calibrate it after you open the case though.

PS: of course it is better to exchange it for another one if you have a chance. Otherwise you will have no luck trying any other methods than the one I mentioned - I bet my $100 on it.

Comment

I also get access eeprom fail whats that

Comment

How does the touchsreen work because its made of glass so when i press on it with the pointer i cant be bending the glass in that one spot.

Comment

How does the touchsreen work because its made of glass so when i press on it with the pointer i cant be bending the glass in that one spot.
                  You are right, but not quite Here is how it actually works:

An analog, resistive touchscreen is a sensor consisting of two opposing layers, each coated with a transparent resistive material. The layers are separated by small spacer dots of nonconductive polyester that prevent the two layers from making contact. Touching the top surface compresses the flexible top layer towards the supported bottom layer. This causes electrical contact of the two layers between the span of insulating dots.

Determining a touch location re-quires two measurements: one to determine the X coordinate and one to determine the Y coordinate. For a single axis measurement, a drive voltage is applied across one layer. Once applied, the voltage linearly changes from the minimum drive voltage at one end to the maximum drive voltage at the other end. The opposing layer is used to measure the voltage at the point of contact. This process is repeated, alternating the functions of the two layers to obtain a measurement on the opposing axis.

The four-wire touchscreen (Fig. 1) is decoded by developing a voltage across the vertical layer's resistive material (top layer) and reading the horizontal touch location voltage on the opposing layer (bottom layer). A voltage is then placed across the horizontal layer's resistive material (bottom layer), and a vertical touch location voltage is read from the opposing layer (top layer).
                  Basically, what this means is that when you press the screen at several spots simultaneously, you create a larger voltage current which results in incorrect calibration. When this happens, the touchscreen controller thinks you have tapped the screen at a different location instead of the correct one.

Comment

well to all those who say something is stuck in the screen and is pressing on it... how do you explain this?!

I actually opened my lilliput and took the front cover off and tried to calibrate the touch overlay this way..it made no difference it just kept getting worse and worse and eventually it wasnt working at all.. i ended up putting it back together carefully and sent it back. This seems to be a VERY common problem and i have seen dozens of people report that they have had the SAME thing happen to them...mine started doing this after about 1 week.

how many lilliput owners actually have NO PROBLEMS at all...??? im curious of my chances with the new screen that i will get.
                    hardware: 7"lilli mx440 pci,M10k/160GB/slim-slot DVD-CDRW/Hifonics ZEUS ZX8000,CNX1260,DConnex GPS,Powermate,usb WiFi
                    software: XP Home/Media Car/RoadRunner/IGuidance 2.0
                    Car: 2002 Ford Focus SVT

Comment

Yuriy has a point here. I had the same problem with my Lilliput but it disappeared when I dismantled it and mounted it inside Armen's in-dash housing.

When I opened the Lilliput, I noticed that touch panel was touching the rim of the front housing at some places. When I mounted the touch panel in the in-dash housing, I placed double-sided tape all round the rim of the front housing to make sure that touch panel did not contact the hard plastic at any point. Since then, I've had absolutely no problems with the touchscreen. The calibration has remained untouched since the day I remounted it inside the in-dash housing.

Why don't you try using some double-sided tape on your Lilliput and see if that fixes the problem ?

Comment

Could it be that the touchscreen is taped together to the vga screen and so the tape is pulling down on the touchscreen but ok when first switched on from new but made worse after the tape has been heated up by the screen.

Comment

Yuriy Is right...Take his advice cause obviously you guys dont know anything about it than your gona say hes wrong ....W T F is that. Try it. That is the leading cause or eather the overlay is warped.
                          2-15" ILO lcd w/DVI
                          6800 gt Duel DVI out
                          p4 1.6ghz flex atx board
                          1gb 400 ram
                          120gb(2-60gb raid) sata hd
                          2-60gb hotswap
                          WIN2K Pro SP2
                          M.A.M.E. w/2,300 games
                          CARPuter info

Comment

try the 4 point calibaration instead of the 25 point one
                            Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

Working...
                            X