No announcement yet.

PS1 Screen Computer Specs

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS1 Screen Computer Specs

I am designing a computer for my car. I was going to originially hook a 2X20 LCD to it but then I saw I can get a PS1 screen fairly cheap. What hardware specs is everyone using (ie. what mobo,video card, ect...) I am trying to get this system off as cheaply as possible. Can I use onboard video for this PS1 screen mod? If so has anyone been successful doing it? If so what was your config?

Thanks for any feedback on this. I wasnt to get started but dont want to buy incompatible stuff.

I have successfully driven a ps-one lcd from the secondary of a Radeon 9800 Pro with PowerStrip used to changed the frequencies.

Also I have driven it from a Chips 65555 onboard video under DOS, using direct CRT controller reprogramming (custom code).
    Old Systems retired due to new car
    New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Thanks for the reply. I was kind of looking for something a little older or lower end. I Dont need this to be a gaming machine. But ANY feedback is appreciated

Its got a good enough resolution to watch movies but its kinda hard to read text unless its a large font. alot of people start with this screen and save up for a bigger and better one
        Dynamix 7" LCD Touchscreen Monitor
        VIA Epia M10000 Motherboard
        Samsung 40 gig 2.5" Hard drive
        Slimtype LSC-24082K DVD/CDRW
        1024MB DDR RAM
        Morex 3688 case w/ psu

if you want to use the composite signal (instead of VGA) than any card with vid-out will do but the quality of the output (especially text) will be affected. For VGA, it a bit tougher, i know that you can't use it with most integrated graphic chipset (they don't support powerstrip). do a search in the Psone lcd thread and you should have your answer.

If you can find one, a Matrox G200 or Millenium with 8MB AGP or PCI is a good one. I am using it with the PSOne.
            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER