Please HELP!!!! SOS! SOS! SOS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please HELP!!!! SOS! SOS! SOS!

Recently I purchased used Lilliput on eBay. Unit is working fine except for one thing. Nine pin connector for that monitor is defective (you need to play around with it to get a good picture), so I decided to bypass defective connector by cutting the cable and solder the wires together directly. Now I am not getting any video, just a thin green line on the top of the screen (I did make sure to connect the ground!). I am desperately trying to figure out what is wrong. I assume that wires are color coded correctly and correspond. Please help! Any advice is appreciated at this point!!!!

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!

Tim

why did you send it back? and can you get us some pics? i want to see what exactly you mean.

Comment

Well... I could not send it back because the guy who I got it from refused to give me my money back, claiming that the monitor was working fine.

As far as pictures... Let me just explain once again. Lilliput VIDEO/USB cable has a small PS2 like connector in the middle I cut both of them off and soldered cables directly according to their color and now I get no video just a thin green line on the top of the screen.

Comment

There is another thread on this board where they discuss remoning the 9 pin din connector from the Lilliput. I believe they said the wires are not the same color on either end of the connector.

Comment

Might want to pm Armen (digitalww.com) I bet he knows the answer. These connectors appear to be a common source of concern, you (and I ) are not by any means the first to have a problem with them.
          2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

God bless this forum

Let me try to PM him... Thanks for a quick response

Comment

I did some research and found out that few people ran into this problem. The colors DO NOT correspond on each end of 9 pin connector and NO ONE seems to post what colors match to what colors once they figure it out. Please DO post it on this forum if you know the answer. Once I figure it out (Voltmeeter) I will post it on this forum.

Comment

i think it should be stickied,, as i am thinking of soldering them together just in case...

speaking of the lilliput,, i left mine in the rain last night... and it still works after a full day of drying time!!! crazy ehh?? those lilliputs i tell ya,, they were made by the gods..
                .........................8-/
                throw a moon

heuvos vin chevos

Comment

Originally posted by PaCMaYNE
                  i think it should be stickied,, as i am thinking of soldering them together just in case...

speaking of the lilliput,, i left mine in the rain last night... and it still works after a full day of drying time!!! crazy ehh?? those lilliputs i tell ya,, they were made by the gods..
                  .........................8-/
                  You are one lucky man.
                  AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                  Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                  Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                  -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Here you go:

From Left to Right
                    Black (cable shield)
                    Blue
                    Green
                    Purple
                    Brown
                    Orange

Touch screen wires stay the same.

Armen

Originally posted by NYChaos
                    Recently I purchased used Lilliput on eBay. Unit is working fine except for one thing. Nine pin connector for that monitor is defective (you need to play around with it to get a good picture), so I decided to bypass defective connector by cutting the cable and solder the wires together directly. Now I am not getting any video, just a thin green line on the top of the screen (I did make sure to connect the ground!). I am desperately trying to figure out what is wrong. I assume that wires are color coded correctly and correspond. Please help! Any advice is appreciated at this point!!!!

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!

Tim
                    http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

this link may also help
                      http://www.tmz.com/wrx/lilliputLCD.html

Comment

Originally posted by brady
                        You are one lucky man.

yea i thought so as well ,, which isnt my norm
                        throw a moon

heuvos vin chevos