Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xenarc alignment / brightness settings change upon reboot?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc alignment / brightness settings change upon reboot?!

I have used powerstrip to set my resolution at 800x480 using a Xenarc 7" and a Radeon AIW VE. When I reboot my carputer, the alignment and other display settings (brightness etc) change for some reason.

I have made a custom casing for my Xenarc so no buttons are available to press (they are behind the dash now). This makes changing the alignment and brightness etc very difficult!

Any ideas why the alignment is changing upon reboot and how to fix this? I'd obviously like the brightness and alignment settings to stick once I've set them...

bumpage

Comment

I dont want to come off like Im asking a really obvious question, but is powerstrip running on startup?
      I have powerstrip and as long as its running its in the resolution I set.
      The 'alignment' issues I have with my lilliput are usually only when my refresh rate changes(if my resolution stays the same).

Comment

ok, never used a Xenarc before but ... most monitors store information regarding their settings on a per resolution/refresh rate basis. so when you change either of them, it goes to the factory settings for that resolution unless you have changed it before. you can try it on the machine you are on now probably, just switch to some resolution that youve never used before and chances are it will be all messed up aligment-wise. hope that helps ... try and see what happens when you set your resolution back to what it was before.
        don't worry i know i usually don't make much sense

Comment

Originally posted by savante
          I dont want to come off like Im asking a really obvious question, but is powerstrip running on startup?
          I have powerstrip and as long as its running its in the resolution I set.
          The 'alignment' issues I have with my lilliput are usually only when my refresh rate changes(if my resolution stays the same).
          Actually NO

powerstrip is not running on startup. The trial period has expired. How does everyone else get around this? I'm assuming that not many (if anyone) actually buys the registered powerstrip software...

In any case, I have set a custom resolution of 800x480 and added it. So windows loads in 800x480. I'm assuming that *somehow* the refresh rate or something is changing slightly upon loading windows and this is causing the alignment to go out of wack. Funny that the Xenarc doesn't automatically adjust though?

Comment

Im having the same issues...it keeps on resetting.....if you know...please post..
            [SIZE=1]02 C Black/Black, SMGII, Intros Aero Polished 19s, K&N, HAM, XM 2, Sirius, V1, GT2, Garmin 2610, Carputer with Xenarc

Comment

Has anyone found a solution to this as i get the same problem. You set it. Power down the monitor. Go back to it and they are back to as they were again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

WHo has/doesnt have problems with this.

How are you powering on the screen? Off Opus e.g only on with PC? Permenant 12v feed on 24/7?

Comment

Run the default windows 800 by 600 resolution and ALL your problems will go away
                Current Setup

Nexus 7 Tablet
                Built in head unit
                Brutus 1500Watt Amp
                Two Boston 12" subs

2006 Infiniti M45 Sport ;) My 4 door Camaro... lol

Comment

Well, 800x600 may solve all your problems.

Anyway, I'm running 800x600 Res, direct accessory power feed with no regulation which cuts the power competely when I pull the key out.

Reguardless of shutdown (aka, proper shut down or I just kill the power while windows is still running) the display here also has a tendency to loose Alignment, or more appropriately the phase where the screen is shifted to the left.

As far as brightness setting and things like that, no problem here.
                  Mark

Car'Puter Project
                  - Xenarc 700TSV
                  - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
                  - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
                  - M2-ATX
                  - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
                  - Garmin 15H GPS
                  - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Comment

Hmmm... hack up the ATI driver file and add a resolution?
                    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

800x600 doesnt solve my probs as if i run it at 75hz as i do at the mo it looks OK but i occasionally get these annoying horitonztal lines across the screen, they allmost look like little 'wires' but they fo away when i power the screen on/off sometimes and it forgets the settings...

Then when i put it at 800x600 at 60hz it thinks im giving it an 800x480 image and crops the display........

Using a via EPIA MII's on board with the BIOS on LCD

J

Comment

conclusion: we need better motherboards and LCD displays than what are currently available for carputers.

Comment

indeed as im finding alot of this is very much still a 'hobby' thing and uve really gotta be prepared to hack apart stuff and solder and mess with relays/diodes/electricity

ANyone have a working combo?

Comment

onclusion: we need better motherboards and LCD displays than what are currently available for carputers.
                            Yea, better cheaper displays! As for motherboards, I don't think so. I also have the problem as I already described, but am not running on the Via board. Instead, an Abit NF7-M with builtin Video.

The problems seems to do more with the noise introduced - whether this be noise at the Xenarc power system, or noise introduced via the video cable, I do not know. Those of you who have the issue, how have you dragged the video cables? And two, do you see noise on the display (ie. not crystal clear picture like hooked up to the power outlet at home)

Cause here for example its dragged from boot and has slight noise.
                            Mark

Car'Puter Project
                            - Xenarc 700TSV
                            - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
                            - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
                            - M2-ATX
                            - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
                            - Garmin 15H GPS
                            - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Comment

Originally posted by DaRacerz
                              The problems seems to do more with the noise introduced - whether this be noise at the Xenarc power system, or noise introduced via the video cable, I do not know. Those of you who have the issue, how have you dragged the video cables? And two, do you see noise on the display (ie. not crystal clear picture like hooked up to the power outlet at home)

Cause here for example its dragged from boot and has slight noise.
                              Are you saying that you are powering your Xenarc from your vehicle's accessory line? And that you have "noise* in your picture? Like scrolling horizontal lines etc...

If so, your problem is likely the power source you are using. I initially hooked my Xenarc up to my car's accessory line and I got lots of noise. Changed the Xenarc power source to my Opus (regulated 12V) and now is picture perfect.

Comment

Working...
                              X