No announcement yet.

*sigh*... lilliput fell off counter...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sigh*... lilliput fell off counter...

My lilliput fell of my computer desk and landed on the stand so i thought "phew its ok".... Apparently not, when i plug it in the power light doesnt even come on! Isn't it kinda difficult to knock out the power circuit?! Is my lilliput destroyed?

Take the case off and check the solder connections, ribbon cables, obviously destroyed parts, etc.

Comment

I opened it up and looked around inside, didn't see anything, put it back together and it worked. However... after like 10 minutes it shut off again and wouldnt receive power anymore, i took it apart again then put it back together, no luck this time,. I can't see any disconnected things.. kinda wierd.

Comment

Take a magnifying glass and look better. Maybe just heating (with a soldering iron off course) the soldering on the power connection will fix it.
        List of front-ends/usefull apps
        XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Originally posted by Tribute
          I opened it up and looked around inside, didn't see anything, put it back together and it worked. However... after like 10 minutes it shut off again and wouldnt receive power anymore, i took it apart again then put it back together, no luck this time,. I can't see any disconnected things.. kinda wierd.
          I'm having loads of problems with my Xenarc at the moment, firstly after a year of use one of the soldered cables came disconnected on the screens main lead, so soldered that back and ok now, now I got no touch screen, it see's it intermitently but doesnt like my extension cable now, god knows whats wrong with it, and now I just brought my screen in the house to try out, and the display keeps flashing pink when you move the VDU cable.

I have taken the wiring apart again but all looks soldered nicely, i'm just ganna scream,,,,...

I am going back to my standard Audi stereo untill I can afford a Lilliput even though some dont like them, I fancy a change

~Ronny
          www.fsplanes.net NEW site

AMD XP 1800+ / 256mb ram ddr / 2 x 60gig hdd / Asus mobo micro ATX / GF-FX5200 / BU 303 GPS reciever / dlink usb radio

Software:
          Window's XP SP1 / USB Radio / Destinator v2 / Mediacar / 3000 mp3's / 30 movies

Comment

Ronny,

do you have the latest Xenarc? I ask this because I had the old one and fried it. Now I have the new one and I must say, it is a lot better.

Everything is put together much more solid and cleaner. Also, the connector for the input/usb is much better and seems of a better quality.

Joa
            List of front-ends/usefull apps
            XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Originally posted by Tribute
              My lilliput fell of my computer desk and landed on the stand so i thought "phew its ok".... Apparently not, when i plug it in the power light doesnt even come on! Isn't it kinda difficult to knock out the power circuit?! Is my lilliput destroyed?
              That sucks. Sorry to hear that.
              AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
              Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
              Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
              -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Originally posted by JC-S60
                Ronny,

do you have the latest Xenarc? I ask this because I had the old one and fried it. Now I have the new one and I must say, it is a lot better.

Everything is put together much more solid and cleaner. Also, the connector for the input/usb is much better and seems of a better quality.

Joa
                Yeah I have the old serial one, I am fitting my old stereo back in tommorow for a few weeks as I need to get new tyres and 18" are expensive so the new screen will have to wait

You know how it is, everything working fone for ages, then all of a sudden everything goes to pot, I thought I fixed the cable problems, and so rebuilt my PC hoping that the touch screen thing would be fixed, but its interemittent, It somtimes see's it and other times it doesnt,

TBH from day 1 the xenarc has never been amazing, the quality is good but the screen is unreadable in daylight <strong> and the touch screen needs calibrating almost every 3rd boot? dont know why, must be the ****ty serial interface,

But its beena good year and I enjoyed the carpc loads, I just need to wait till I can afford the new screen and will put it all back in again

Ronny
                www.fsplanes.net NEW site

AMD XP 1800+ / 256mb ram ddr / 2 x 60gig hdd / Asus mobo micro ATX / GF-FX5200 / BU 303 GPS reciever / dlink usb radio

Software:
                Window's XP SP1 / USB Radio / Destinator v2 / Mediacar / 3000 mp3's / 30 movies

Comment

well I just randomly plugged it in again and it works turned on, but i got the jurassic park scree with rainbow vertical lines, so I tapped it on the back and every few taps i get a picture of the normal screen, or sometimes it reverts to jurassic park without rainbow lines... many things got disconnected it seems....

Comment

Working...
                  X