Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput Driver is not: "Windows Logo Approved"

All,

Anyone have an issue when installing the Lilliput touchscreen drivers and Windows XP says "the driver isn't Windows Logo approved" and they recommend stopping the installation? If I choose to continue with the installation, it freezes up the entire laptop! I have to physically power it down and restart it. This has happened about 5 times in a row. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Originally posted by ufearme3
    All,

Anyone have an issue when installing the Lilliput touchscreen drivers and Windows XP says "the driver isn't Windows Logo approved" and they recommend stopping the installation? If I choose to continue with the installation, it freezes up the entire laptop! I have to physically power it down and restart it. This has happened about 5 times in a row. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.
    If you use as I Know XP Home first version, adjourn with the Service Pack1of Microsoft and you perhaps resolve the problem.

Comment

The drivers aren't digitally signed, but that's usually not a problem if you continue anyway. Not sure why it's locking up for you.

Comment

Currently I am running win XP Professional... I know they are not digitally signed, but XP seems to be ****ed that they are not "Windows Logo Approved" and as soon as I choose the "Screw that, continue with the installation" it freezes up! This was the last component of my Carputer and its KILLING me that I can't get this up and running!!!!

Comment

There are lots of drivers that aren't "digitally signed". It's nothing to be concerned about.
          http://www.mybimmer.net

Comment

you have a com port conflict

check what else is using com ports on your pc
            Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

Originally posted by SAScooby
              you have a com port conflict

check what else is using com ports on your pc
              HOw can you be sure? You have seen this before? Thanks so much!

Comment

experience tells me this and common sense

think of the happenings inside your pc, new device detected, windows tries to load a driver to say "com2" but your bluetooth, gps, activesync, modem or whatever is already on com 2 but not active, boom once driver loads and tries that resource = pc hangs

now many people will tell you windows is smarter than this and blah blah, but you do get conflicts and badly written drivers and we all have unique combos in our cars, my advice and this has worked over 3 installs, install touchscreen first (if other devices are installed, un install them then install touchscreen) and follow the touch screen instructions 100% it helps trust me I once spent 6 hrs trying to install my touchscreen, then I RTFM it helped, this was all part of my learning curve.....

Try it out and let me know

cheers and good luck
                Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

Dude, sounds good, I was definately gonna try it when I got home from work tonight, but I wanted to see what the thinking was behind it! I will definately give it a go and let everyone know what happens!!

Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much!

Comment

Bad news

The whole com port thing hasn't worked... I am running winXp with Sp1 just to recap. I booted it up in safe mode and tried to install the drivers from there, and it seemed like it worked. But when I rebooted it hung at the loading Windows XP screen with the black background...

Any ideas? This is so freaking frustrating... I was soooo close to watching the Simpsons in my car!! Yet so far...

Comment

Did you try the latest drivers?

http://www.digitalww.com/downloads.htm

Comment

I'm having same problem with my install. The lillput drivers work fine with my house pc but when it comes to my car computer/old laptop that had no other use it hangs on installation. Tried all the latest drivers and still no luck. Now I'm wondering if its something that just effects laptops?
                        Project Status.

CPU : Still gathering parts and planning.
                        SCREEN : Lilliput
                        FABRICATION : 10% Done
                        IBUS : Working buttons

Comment

I think I found the problem, looks like SAScooby was correct it was a conflict. I had the same problem the touch kit would just freeze my laptop
                          Then I realized that it was trying to use com port 3 which is the same com port as the bulit in modem that I never use. So once I disable the modem from being detected by windows on boot up, the touch kit drivers worked fine.
                          LilliPut Housing Complete
                          MAP POINT WITH EARTH MATE
                          TV/FM/XM
                          1.7 GHZ 500MB RAM , 60 GB HD
                          SLIM LINE DVD DRIVE
                          FRONT END: CUSTOM A.N.D.I. - M.P

Comment

Working...
                          X