8" Lilliput LCD vs. double DIN?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8" Lilliput LCD vs. double DIN?

De-lurking to ask a question that's been bugging me for a while, and I couldn't find with the searching that I've done.(though I may not be operating the search engine correctly...)

I was just wondering if anyone has compared the measurements of the 'guts' of an 8" Lilliput display with the available space of a double DIN opening?
    I'm curious how close they are to fitting, as the 7" displays seem to all require a deacent sized bezel to be built around them before they will fit.

Thanks for any info, looking forward to this project!

The 7" barely fits in a double din. The 8" is considerably larger.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

size.

I am fitting one in now, Liliput 7", and it is an exact match for double din, screen part only. The buttons of the monitor will not fit. You would have to fabricate your dash or use the remote to operate the monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by shak
        I am fitting one in now, Liliput 7", and it is an exact match for double din, screen part only. The buttons of the monitor will not fit. You would have to fabricate your dash or use the remote to operate the monitor.
        Or wire external push buttons

Comment

Hmm.. Looking at the other Subaru WRX projects that I've seen, they've both had to fabricate a surround for the screen, as it's not an exact fit.. Maybe the Subaru dash is a bit big for the double DIN standard? *shrugs*
          Anyone have any measurements for the screen area of an 8"? I think I've seen the 7" screens measured, but if anyone would be willing to restate the actual screan area, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks for the info, all

Comment

Working...
          X