Lilliput blue lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput blue lights

Just got my 7" touchscreen Lilliput quite happy with it.

Is it possible to hack the screen to make the blue lights stay on all the time?

Also, the touchscreen overlay I have seems to be a poor quality... not sure if there all like this but mine gives a grainy look to the screen, when you touch the overlay you can see it move slightly. Also the brightness isn't too good... i've heard its 400nits without the touchscreen and only 280 with.

Can i do anything about the brightness? I suppose I could take the overlay off.

cheers
    Volvo C70 - Installation in progress *gulp*

I don't see why you couldn't just hook the lights right up to some external power source...?

Comment

I have my lilli totally hacked, so the lights come on when the headlights are on. The keys are wired into an i-pac (basically a keyboard interface) so they control FrodoPlayer (or whatever)

It was a pain in the butt to do, but well worth it. If you want to hack, I might still have the piece of paper lying around that had the pinouts for each key and the lights.
      Bush: Proof that humans really did evolve from apes.

Comment

I had a similar question about the lights, is it possible to change the color of the lights to a different color, lets say maybe red?
        Installed
        Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
        512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
        Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
        [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jpelzer
          I have my lilli totally hacked, so the lights come on when the headlights are on. The keys are wired into an i-pac (basically a keyboard interface) so they control FrodoPlayer (or whatever)

It was a pain in the butt to do, but well worth it. If you want to hack, I might still have the piece of paper lying around that had the pinouts for each key and the lights.
          It would be nice to have the lights hooked up to your headlights. Could you post the pinouts and maybe some instructions on how to do this?
          Thanks
          Installed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Well, I just found the paper, and it looks like I wrote down what each wire went to after I'd soldered them to the board. So that doesn't help you very much.

Basically, what I found is that the blue LED's have a shared positive and negative terminal. They all turn on/off together. I feed them 4.5 volts and they run perfectly.

The buttons all share a common lead, and then each come to the connector individually.

The power LED uses the same common ground with the buttons, and then has a separate lead for red, and a separate lead for green.

I determined all this by following traces, and experimenting with a continuity tester.

Comment

Oh, and to answer the "change the color" question, it'd be easy if you are comfortable with soldering surface-mount components. Otherwise, not so much.

Comment

Now that would be cool.
                AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Gimme a link for the i-pac, I wanna look at it.
                  [H]4 Life
                  My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                  It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                  I'm a lesbian too.
                  I am for hire!

Comment

remember frodo....

I just couldn't resist

http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac1.html
                    Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

Oh, and to answer the "change the color" question, it'd be easy if you are comfortable with soldering surface-mount components. Otherwise, not so much.
                      I'm willing to try it. It going to be and eye sore to have blue lights on the screen when everything else in my car is red, it would look out of place. So if you could point me in the right direction on to change the color and what I need to do, it would be greatly appreciated.
                      Installed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nic
                        remember frodo....

I just couldn't resist

OK, when you smack down Frodo like that, is it considered spanking the monkey?
                        Just wondering...
                        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

肚子笑痛了
                          S60 Install

Comment

LOL, yeah. That's the link. Ultimarc...

Comment

Well, I just found the paper, and it looks like I wrote down what each wire went to after I'd soldered them to the board. So that doesn't help you very much.

Basically, what I found is that the blue LED's have a shared positive and negative terminal. They all turn on/off together. I feed them 4.5 volts and they run perfectly.

The buttons all share a common lead, and then each come to the connector individually.

The power LED uses the same common ground with the buttons, and then has a separate lead for red, and a separate lead for green.

I determined all this by following traces, and experimenting with a continuity tester.
                              where did u get the 4.5v feed from? so you simply connected a 4.5 volt source to the rail feeding the positive feeds to the leds?
                              Volvo C70 - Installation in progress *gulp*

Comment

Working...
                              X