No announcement yet.

Sun damage to lilliput

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun damage to lilliput

Has anyone experienced damage to a lilliput screen or similar on a hot day parked in a car park? Is this is something I should be worrying about??

Yep, if the sun can see it, so can sticky fingers...

'94 320i

I would like to know the answer to this as well. I not consirned too much about the light because the screen will be cover, I worried about the heat that is created on a hot summer day. Will this have any affect on the screen?
      Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
      512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
      Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
      [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

I've had mine exposed in my car half the summer without any problems.

I live in central florida and the heat inside the car is so intense that my dash covering is peeling off but my screen keeps ticking along
          2002 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 4DR
          Aleroputer 90% done (ripped out and being rewired)
          Pioneer Head unit in a remote location, Clarion Amp, XM Satilite Radio, 2 10" Audiobahn DVC Subs wired 1 ohm in a bandpass box, Grill Mesh, Halo Guages

it should not damage it

It doesn't hurt...

But you know what? I figured out a really good way to cover up the screen from both the sunlight and thieves...

I bought a ProClip which creates a mount between the dash and the space above the glove box.
              I went to Wal-Mart and spent $1 for one of those really cheap cd holders that go over the visor in your car (with elastic bands). I cut it to fit the Lilliput and now I just slide it on and off the screen. Covers it from the sun, and I leave 2 cds in the cover to make it seem as if I just had the creative idea of placing a cd holder there...

Cool, except that some day some kid will break into your car to steal the two CDs ;-)
                06 Volvo XC90
                Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR
                Car PC downloads: