Clearer Touchscreen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearer Touchscreen?

Has anyone looked at replacing there current touchscreen with something clearer? I came across this site just putting around http://www.apollodisplays.com/tsf-64-ccpage.php

They sell what they call the Clear-Clear Touch Panel. Ya this one is only 6.4" but I am sure there are other companies out there that make these that would fit the lilli.

I was looking at one the other day that just seamed so much more crisp than the lilliput one. The lilli seams a little foggy

Mmm looks interesting. I've got a Liliput, and overall I'm very pleased with it, but it can be difficult to view in the daytime when the suns shining!

Comment

Yea i took the touch pannel off of my lilliput (scratched it up) and looked through it and it was very milky. I was dissapointed with it. No wonder it is so hard to see during the day. We will see how my lilliput without the toucpannel compares to my lilliput with as soon as i get my sunvisor lilliput project completed
      -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

the resolution is only 640x480 though.....
        2011 Nissan Frontier SL
        AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
        OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

All i can say is that if you take off the lilliput touchpannel and look at it in the light you will know what i mean
          -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Yes Antimater is correct. I just had to replace my touchscreen and did turn on the LCD with out the touchscreen and it was so much more crisp and bright. Sucks that the touch screen is so milky looking. I am half tempted to get a small mouse pad controller(like on a laptop) and just rip the touch screen part out. I have the perfect spot to put one, in a little change holder, right in the middle of the consol. This would give me right click capability too! By the way does anyone know an easy way you can right click with the touch screen? I have been using the OSK to do it and its a major pain in my @$$ to do that.

Comment

download the latest touchscreen drivers.. There is an option for right-click!!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyutah36
                this one is only 6.4" but I am sure there are other companies out there that make these that would fit the lilli.
                It's not as easy or cheap as you might hope. I was looking into this a few months ago...I couldn't find one so I gave up.

If you can find a cleartek or capacitive touchscreen that will fit for under $100, be sure to let me know!
                Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
                512mb DDR333
                Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

There has to be some kind of adhesive we could use to glue the touch screen down. If the two surfaces were bonded, glare would be significantly reduced. I've had this on my mind for a while, but I haven't had the chance to research it.

Comment

If you glued them, it would no longer be a touchscreen... it would just be a sunscreen.
                    Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
                    512mb DDR333
                    Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Working...
                    X