FACTS ONLY, Is the Xenarc More Sunlight Readable Than The Lilliput

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FACTS ONLY, Is the Xenarc More Sunlight Readable Than The Lilliput

Please I really just want the real answer, Is the "NEW" Xenarc Brighter than the Lilliput? I have a lilliput and am looking at upgrading to the Xenarc but only if I will notice a more readable screen.

ohhhhhhhh nooooooooooo not again.....this crap happens every week.

Comment

Only if you get the Xenarc Type-R.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I have never seen the lilliput, my Xenarc is nice, but I have never used it in the sunlight yet.
      The 2007 Scion tC + Infill G4 Project | DVDxml.com

Comment

As far as i understand the new xenarc is par with the the lilli as for brightnes (they are both 400nits) but you can pay extra for extra brightness and there is also an option for anti glare coating but it all costs extra. i think your looking at around 600 bucks for the high end model
        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

In my experience/opinion, yes, the Xenarc is better in direct sunlight than the Lilliput I have used (which was one of the "original" Lilliputs, so I can't comment on the newer ones)

However, if you're viewing them at an angle, they are still bad. Have the screen perpendicular to your eyes, and the Xenarc is more visible. Even at a slight angle, the Xenarc is more visible IN MY OPINION.

Of course, you might still be unhappy with the Xenarc, but I can say that I am much happier with my Xenarc than the Lilliput.

Garry
          Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
          www.aimee.cc

Comment

Thanks guys. It just seems hard to justify the extra cash for the Xenarc. I think my lilli is getting dimmer, maybe I should just update? I'm in Australia and the best prices I can find is US$399 Shipped or US$249 + $35 shipping for the lilliput. Do you reakon it worth the extra 115?

Yeah I know this gets asked every week!!

I think we need a new option that blows both of them away!!

Does anyone have any experiance with the HI-Brightness Xenarc??

Comment

Buy a lilliput, take it apart, and replace the backlight with a 1500 watt halogen worklamp. The powarrrrrrrrrrrr

... On a serious note, I've never seen a Xenarc IRL, but I find my lilliput to be a bit dim... You've probably seen this, but just in case, this might help a little:
              http://www.digitalww.com/lilliput_vs_xenarc.htm
              Zen Fat Loss

Comment

yeah, thats the old xenarc isn't it? I think it hard for people to tell which is better because u really need to see them side by side......

Comment

found this the other day, dont know where abouts you are from but it might give you the chance to see one before you buy

http://www.cdt.com.au/prod_type.asp?prod_type=Monitor
                  AMD XP 2000+ 512Mb Ram MB:A-7VM400AM-RZ
                  Zenarc 700TSV Netgear USB WiFi GPS Opus 150
                  Running Win XP, FP, MM

Comment

yeah I saw that too. he said his best price was 699 compared to 570 from the states. I don't think he is a retail store though. Think it's just an internet based thing.

Comment

my xenarc rox
                      (in australia too, and paid over 800 au for it~! )
                      Ford XR6T blueprint 4.0 L twin cam turbo.
                      Xenarc 7" touchscreen M10000 Audigy 2 NX
                      ITX 120W PS 80gig HD, 256MB Ram, USB wireless internet/LAN
                      Griffin Powermate Panasonic DVD-CDW
                      Pioneer 5x7 Four way, 2x12 pioneer subz
                      600watt 6chan USA audio AMP

Comment

xtreme_db, yes, that link is the old Xenarc. It is also a biased test, as the camera was set to auto-white balance, and it locked to the display of the Lilliput, therefore making the Xenarc seem much "darker" and "yellower".

I have done a comparison of the newer Xenarc vs the Lilliput (unfortunately i had no carpc applications set up on the computer I was using) and I can tell you that the Xenarc is brighter.

Also, from using them in my car (in sunlight) i can also tell you that the Xenarc is better than the Lilliput. Due to the touchscreens, there is still glare, but the Xenarc is easier to read than the Lilliput.

The ONLY advantages i can tell you the Lilliput has are the following:
                        Cheaper
                        *Slightly* better colour representation - there is slightly less "banding" of colours on the Lilliput than the Xenarc. However, I honestly did not notice the difference until they were placed side-by-side, and only noticed this when I fired up a video.

For general use, if it's going to be in sunlight, I honestly recommend the Xenarc. The touchscreen has less glare (which is the most important factor) and the display is slightly brighter, and it is honestly easier to see during the day.

For purely/mainly videos, or if it is going in a place where it won't be near sun, then I recommend the Lilliput, mainly because in this situation, the glare from the touchscreen isn't as obvious, and the colour representation is slightly better.

Garry
                        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                        www.aimee.cc

Comment

i have the lilliput and with the angle of my setup (viewing angle) and my slight window tints, I can it fine 90% of the time) , occasionally the angle of the sun can make it difficult. Of course it looks awesome at night.

The big problem with the lilliput is that the touchscreen is very prone to fingerprints. I had a thread about it a while back. The fingerprints are what makes it hard to see in the sunlight. According to some, the Xenarc touchscreen is less prone to fingerprints.

Here is my opinion, if you're planning to open up the monitor and mount it (and void the warranty) go with the Xenarc, it's built better. The Lilliput is totally fine as long as you don't go messing with it.
                          --------
                          mykolJay
                          99 Accord coupe
                          http://www.geocities.com/accordpc
                          My Project Thread on mp3car.com

Comment

Originally posted by mykolJay
                            Here is my opinion, if you're planning to open up the monitor and mount it (and void the warranty) go with the Xenarc, it's built better. The Lilliput is totally fine as long as you don't go messing with it.
                            I would have to agree with this statement. The lilliput is very fussy.
                            -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Originally posted by antimatter
                              I would have to agree with this statement. The lilliput is very fussy.
                              That it is. Look at it sideways, and it dies...
                              Zen Fat Loss

Comment

Working...
                              X