need help choosing better touch LCD,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help choosing better touch LCD,

i have a datalux 10.4 touch monitor, and it sucked it was hard to read, and when your looking at it from the drivers side it would fade out and look white..

so i riped out the guts of it sold the guts and got a samsung 10.4 screen that didnt fit, alone with a digital view sv-1600 controller that you cant get the cables and inverter, and lvds board with out having to buy 30 of each thing you need,

so now i need somthing to replace this datalux 10.4" touch with somthing that will fit right into its place wiht out cutting the dash any more, cuase i cant cut it any more than it has been,
    I might could use an open case 12" screen but how would i add a touch screen to it? and it need's to have all video hardwear, inverter, and cable's.
    it also needs to be viewible from the driver seat, and bright 300-500 nit, have dim control and be at least 800x600 res.

click on link below to view my dash set up.
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22219
    anyones help is appreciated
    Ryan
    01 blazer, LS1 engine, TR 220/220 cam, vig 3200 stall, 5.3 stage 1.5 ported heads, titanium retainers, APR harden push rods, dual X magnaflow 2.5's

Interior: AutoMeter ultra lite's, panasonic cq8100u, kicker 8" L7's, kenwood 800 amp, PS/2,

I think that LCD just jammed in the dash looks like ****. Sorry i can't offer you much help but hopefully that will persude you fabricate an enclosure. Then you won't have to worry about the case size and can make almost any 10" LCD panel fit in there.
    My Install Thread
    digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
    How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

yeah your right i do need to fab an enclosure, im not sure how to go about doing it though
      01 blazer, LS1 engine, TR 220/220 cam, vig 3200 stall, 5.3 stage 1.5 ported heads, titanium retainers, APR harden push rods, dual X magnaflow 2.5's

Interior: AutoMeter ultra lite's, panasonic cq8100u, kicker 8" L7's, kenwood 800 amp, PS/2,

Comment

Working...
      X