Xenarc 700TS questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc 700TS questions

I'm currently the owner of a Lilliput, and its been working for a year orso now, but the touchscreen has its problems... Its not as bright anymore as it used to be... And has some issue's after windows booting up (display is screwed up, made a program that switches resolution after windows bootup to fix it)... Anyways, I feel its time to look at a new screen... I'll probably remove the touch-screen from the lilliput and put it somewhere in the back of my car, so people can watch movies on it...

Anyways, here go my questions:

How mod'able is it? Can I remove the case / button bar? Is it as fragile as the lilliput?

Does it auto-power on after power gets applied?

What is that Ultra-Brightness thing they have on Xenarc Direct? Is it worth $195 ?

Do you ever need the button bar?

Basicly, the Lilliput fit almost exactly into my double-din dash, that is, after cutting away the button bar (its dangling behind the screen )...

> How mod'able is it? Can I remove the case / button bar? Is it as fragile as the lilliput?

The new model is more sturdy then a lilliput. You can remove the case, no problem. The button bar can be removed, but the actual switches are soldered on the controller board. The cables are long enough to be able to move the controller board up a bit.

> Does it auto-power on after power gets applied?

Yes, it even goes in standby if no signal is applied, but awakens is signal is applied. OSD always informs about going into either mode.

> What is that Ultra-Brightness thing they have on Xenarc Direct? Is it worth $195 ?

It's what it says, but I have the unit without. It's very bright though, even in direct sunlight (and I have it mounted pretty uncovered/no tinted windows).

> Do you ever need the button bar?

I don't. I have soldered a little flatcable to the switches to be able to use them, but have not used them yet.
    List of front-ends/usefull apps
    XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

the Xenarc that mp3car.com sells http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...a44ab77d4e82ae pretty much has all of the ultrabrite options. i guess they come from the factory that way now.
      don't worry i know i usually don't make much sense

Comment

Working...
      X