No announcement yet.

Can u add touchscreen to Motorized 7"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can u add touchscreen to Motorized 7"?

Hi

I currently have the motorized 7" Canjing LCD monitor. (*Probably the same layout as the Lilliput one) because the style looks exactly the same.

Anyway, I saw the DIY in by Armen how u can put a touchscreen to a in dash monitor. I was wondering if that would work as well if mine is motorized.
    Thank You
    Joe

Joe, don't want to come across as rude because I was new here once myself but think about it... For anyone to know that they would have to own that screen, AND have the cajones to take it apart and try to install a touchscreen.

Not likely...

Although this is probably the right place to find that proverbial needle in the haystack, I wouldn't expect any replies.

You could research the screen (crack open the case, or search on-line, call the manufacturer, etc.) and find the measurements. It has to physically fit over the screen (simple height/width) and the case, once assembled, must leave enough width to not press down on the Touch panel. That and the wiring would be pretty much your main issues.

That said, if you have the cajones to do this yourself, please report back with lots of pics and instructions.

Comment

Hey Joe
      I happen to have a touchscreen kit but it was for my 7". I fried my power conversion board and I guess I am selling parts off of it. Interested? I don't want to sell you something you can't use. I'll be glad to answer any questions you have about it.
      03' Toyota Tundra T3 Special Edition - Polk Audio speakers - Sony 4ch amp - RF Sub amp
      Carputer Planning |---------*|
      Overall Implementation |---------*-|
      (Stereo complete)
      Computer installed and working

Comment

Originally posted by joejoe3
        Hi

I currently have the motorized 7" Canjing LCD monitor. (*Probably the same layout as the Lilliput one) because the style looks exactly the same.

Anyway, I saw the DIY in by Armen how u can put a touchscreen to a in dash monitor. I was wondering if that would work as well if mine is motorized.
        Thank You
        Joe
        I would have said yes you can do this, but think about the aspects involved, you will most likely be left with a case that doesnt fit back toghether so well, and you will have to be careful with routing wires to the back of the unit to go off to the pc via the usb touchscreen conncetsions, prehaps the touchscreen controller will also have to be mouted externaly.
        Finally you may ask your self is this all worth it is the screen even VGA compatable?
        Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

I agree with DanceHeaven...It looks like a nice deck. I'd love to sell my touchscreen usb kit but you do have to take into consideration the thickness of the unit once you install the glass and yeah you will have to mount the circuit board outside of the display more than likely. All I can tell ya is keep searchin yo.
          03' Toyota Tundra T3 Special Edition - Polk Audio speakers - Sony 4ch amp - RF Sub amp
          Carputer Planning |---------*|
          Overall Implementation |---------*-|
          (Stereo complete)
          Computer installed and working

Comment

Yea I'm still new here, and only read couple informative threads.
            Anyway, It's just that I don't want this motorized 7" go into waste as I'll have nothing to do w/ it when i get a new Lilliput touchscreen 7"... I'll have to mold into the radio panel. Guess the only choice is to either sell it or put this current setup in my 92 accord

Comment

Yea I'm still new here, and only read couple informative threads.
              Anyway, It's just that I don't want this motorized 7" go into waste as I'll have nothing to do w/ it when i get a new Lilliput touchscreen 7"... I'll have to mold into the radio panel. Guess the only choice is to either sell it or put this current setup in my 92 accord
              joejoe

another consideration is that the screen is probably video in instead of VGA in. it can be used for computer display but not idea, with or without the touchscreen. that i think, is more important consideration than the touchscreen side

kao
              CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

Comment

Yea, the motorized i got is video, not VGA.
                Sorta a newbie, but is the VGA better than the Video when watching movie?

Comment

why not get a lili or xenarc and rip out the guts of both and put the lili or xenarc in the motorized housing now that would be the right way to do it !

needs BIG cajones but hey thats part of the fun and if you screw it up theres a thread "stupid things during install".......................
                  Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

Yea, the motorized i got is video, not VGA.
                    Sorta a newbie, but is the VGA better than the Video when watching movie?
                    It's not better when watching movies, but for Navigation (GPS), and reading text like file names, and song titles, etc, it makes it much easier as you can use smaller fonts, but still read it, and the screen isn't so crammed.
                    4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Originally posted by SAScooby
                      why not get a lili or xenarc and rip out the guts of both and put the lili or xenarc in the motorized housing now that would be the right way to do it !

needs BIG cajones but hey thats part of the fun and if you screw it up theres a thread "stupid things during install".......................
                      The motorized unit came to my door after tax and duty to about $550 so that's why
                      Came all the way from Hong Kong on ebay to Canada.

Comment

Working...
                      X