xenarc won't power on...help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xenarc won't power on...help

i've been told this is a fuse that is on the board...can someone show me where it is???? I'll have pics in a minute...
    Attached Files

Help!!!!!!

Comment

It's the yellow axial part on the bottom left of the board marked F1. Look at the body of the part to find the rating (in mA) then go to Radio Shack for replacement.
      Aopen MS3S-T MicroATX
      PIII 1.13GHz Tualatin 512K
      512MB PC133 Mushkin 222
      Pioneer 104S Slot DVD
      Creative Audigy
      ATI Radeon 64MB ViVo
      WD 80GB SE
      Xenarc 700TS
      Antec Aria
      Clarion FM200 Modulator
      Xantrex Xpower 700W
      ValentineOne Radar Detector

Comment

Use a meter to check for continuity of the fuse...if it doesn't beep, it's blown.
        Aopen MS3S-T MicroATX
        512MB PC133 Mushkin 222
        Pioneer 104S Slot DVD
        Creative Audigy
        ATI Radeon 64MB ViVo
        WD 80GB SE
        Xenarc 700TS
        Antec Aria
        Clarion FM200 Modulator
        Xantrex Xpower 700W

Comment

thanks for your help...I'll check it tonight..

Comment

checked the fuse and it is bad...I'll get a new one tonight and let you know if it works.

Thanks for your help!!

Comment

Radio shack doesn't have the fuse....Where else can i get one???? It is a 3A pico fuse...

Help!!!!!

Comment

why did the fuse pop tho?

Fuses dont normally pop becuase they want, it's because of a fault or short some where.

Also if you use a fuse different to what they have, you run the chance of damaging the pcb if something goes wrong again maybe beyond repair.

my 2 cents!

Comment

Is there a Fry's Electronics store in your area? If so, it has a section with these parts along with soldering iron and such.
                  Aopen MS3S-T MicroATX
                  512MB PC133 Mushkin 222
                  Pioneer 104S Slot DVD
                  Creative Audigy
                  ATI Radeon 64MB ViVo
                  WD 80GB SE
                  Xenarc 700TS
                  Antec Aria
                  Clarion FM200 Modulator
                  Xantrex Xpower 700W

Comment

I don't have a fry's here. I'm in Milwaukee. I was told by xenarc that this was the issue and I checked the fuse and it was bad.

Comment

Well, did you replace the blown fuse yet?

NEVER work on your carputer (or anything important actually) when you're dead tired and 1/2 asleep. I just popped my Xenarc's cherry too and now the damn internal fuse is blown. I've luckily got an electronics components store a few miles away. I'm hoping that's the fix. Let me know how you make out with the new fuse.
                      P4 2.4GHz, Intel mobo w/onboard sound & video, 128MB memory, 100GB Seagate Momentus laptop drive, Xenarc 700TSV 7" touchscreen, IRman using Girder, 150W Opus dc/dc psu, Alpine CDA-9835 h/u, MBQuart speakers, Infinity 15" sub, MTX amps.

Comment

You're obviously lying, Xenarcs don't break.
                        Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
                        http://hallert.net/

Comment

Not if you're doing things right. (and not half asleep while doing an install)
                          P4 2.4GHz, Intel mobo w/onboard sound & video, 128MB memory, 100GB Seagate Momentus laptop drive, Xenarc 700TSV 7" touchscreen, IRman using Girder, 150W Opus dc/dc psu, Alpine CDA-9835 h/u, MBQuart speakers, Infinity 15" sub, MTX amps.

Comment

yes that was it!!!! It was really easy and xenarc sent me 2 fuses for free....since in my area i found 1 place that had them and they were $3 each and you had to buy 5. Online they were under $1 but the sites had a min. order of $10....Xenarc's customer service is the BEST!!!

Comment

These screens' components are really, really sensitive. Just for the helluvit I added a fuse onto the ground wire to the screen. Glad to hear you got yours working again.

Comment

Working...
                              X