Glair!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glair!!!

So after scraping my car pc, I decided to use my screen (Lilliput touch screen) for my ps2. I put it in but either it's not bright enough or the glair is over powering. So far all i've been told is tint your windows [darker]. Gee...thanks. So my question is, what can I do? Also if I get one of those vga boxes will that help make it brighter??? It's almost impossible to play any game.
    2003 Audi A4 1.8t (Totaled, Project Canceled)

glare

I think if you get those anti-radoactive screen protectors which will darken the screen

Comment

Originally posted by tdevil
      glare

I think if you get those anti-radoactive screen protectors which will darken the screen
      What about the touch screen??

Comment

touchscreen + games = nono

maybe you need to take off the touchscreen then put on the anti-glare stuff then put back on the touchscreen

also why do need a touchscreen for a PS2

Comment

Originally posted by tdevil
          touchscreen + games = nono

maybe you need to take off the touchscreen then put on the anti-glare stuff then put back on the touchscreen

also why do need a touchscreen for a PS2
          Because that is what I had, unless someone want's to trade.

Comment

trade for what? I have a non ts lcd..it's a lilliput.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit32
              trade for what? I have a non ts lcd..it's a lilliput.
              Trade for mine. Unless it has the same glair.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy464
                GLARE, not glair. Tell someone you need a dictionary for Christmas.
                And I know I'm repeating what someone else said.

1) The touchscreen overlay diffuses the video a bit. You can attempt to remove that.
                2) Try to angle your screen so it's pointing away from the sun. Again, window tint will help.
                3) Why did you get a touchscreen for a PS2 install? Hell, why did you get a VGA screen for a PS2 install? Any composite screen would work just fine with a PS2. IMHO, you wasted some bucks.
                Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                  3) Why did you get a touchscreen for a PS2 install? Hell, why did you get a VGA screen for a PS2 install? Any composite screen would work just fine with a PS2. IMHO, you wasted some bucks.
                  Go back and read the guys original post, it explains why he has a vga touchscreen.

Tell someone you need glasses for Christmas.

Comment

I recommend you sell your lilliput ts, you can still get some good money for it, and just buy a regular screen, with glare filter if you still need it.
                    they are like $150 or in that range
                    www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

If I were you I'd open your display and take the touchpannel out. That will likley help a lot as it reduces the number of surfaces causing the glare and removes the light loss from passing through it. I've never taken apart a Lilli but i have a Xenarc and pulling the TP out of one of those would be easy.

Also I posted lots of optics info on this topic here

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...5&page=1&pp=15

I startd about 1/2 way into the thread

I know you mentioned that you have already been told to tint your windows as much as possible, but I'll say it again as it's really the only thing you can do that will have a real positive impact. Unless of course you want to get with Mr. Burns to revive his plan to block out the sun...

Comment

Originally posted by StationRocket
                        If I were you I'd open your display and take the touchpannel out. That will likley help a lot as it reduces the number of surfaces causing the glare and removes the light loss from passing through it. I've never taken apart a Lilli but i have a Xenarc and pulling the TP out of one of those would be easy.

Also I posted lots of optics info on this topic here

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...5&page=1&pp=15

I startd about 1/2 way into the thread

I know you mentioned that you have already been told to tint your windows as much as possible, but I'll say it again as it's really the only thing you can do that will have a real positive impact. Unless of course you want to get with Mr. Burns to revive his plan to block out the sun...
                        If I remove the touch screen, can it be put back in? If not I'll see about selling the screen. It's in pretty good condition. About the window tint, my front windows are (illegally) tinted at 55% and the backs are at 20% so I can't really do much with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy464
                          I'm not sure if the glare is better but I'd be willing to trade Lilli's with you. Check your PMs.

Comment

Working...
                          X