No announcement yet.

Did some mad testing on lilliput today.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did some mad testing on lilliput today.

Just got done with installing my new system 2comp vr12's spl amp,Cap,Video amp, and 2 Headrest tvs. so i had my whole car a part from inside today and i figure that i can do some testing on what is the best way to power lilliput. I found that to completely get rid of flickering either hook it up right to the battery, or the Computer power supply. Next thing i did was hooked it up to the wire hardness or where the cd player up front. It flicker really bad. Next i hooked it up to the distribution block where my amp wire plugins in. It was really bright and very little flicker very hard to notice. All this people saying to hook it up to the PSU, I think its garbage. It is almost twice as bright when i hooked it up to my distribution block. I had my indash lilliput hooked up to the psu for two days. when the sun hits the screen its not readable at all,but today when i had it hooked up to my distribution block it wasnt the best,but i could still read the name of the songs. Hope this helps all the newbies that keep asking how to power lilliput.

you do realise why its so bright dont you?
    Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

Does it have the egg, or is it eggless??? If it is eggless, then it is getting 13.7 or so volts, and it will eventually fry
      Carputer currently 'ghettoed' into car!!!

EPIA MII-12000
      Ampie Case with rigged extra USB
      Hitachi 60GB
      Holux GPS mouse with iGuidance 2.0
      Lilliput 7" touchscreen
      Netgear WG121 USB WiFi
      Carnetix P1260

Comment

this is what i got http://www.digitalww.com/DWW-7VGT.htm now i am wondring if i should add the egg to it?

Comment

someone please respond. I just want to know if to hook up the egg. will i be fine hooking up to the distribution if i use the Egg that comes with the lilliput? sorry just want to know before i buy the egg.

Comment

The "egg" is a regulator (and a poor one at that)

Unless you want to fry it, hook it up to the regulated output of your power supply. It'll be slightly dimmer, but it will last a hell of a lot longer.

Garry
            Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
            www.aimee.cc

Comment

Just to add something to this, I've had 2 7" Lilliputs do the funky touchscreen thing on the right hand side. The first was fine when used indoors on the mains power but screwed up when I got it in the car. When I got the second one I kept the egg from my first one as I had hard-wired it. Five minutes after I plugged in & switched on the touchscreen was screwed.
              Could it be that a bad egg has killed these screens?

Rob.

Comment

if one runs a voltage regulator on the PC power supply, wouldnt it be best to wire screen into the copmuter power output? just asking here as i am looking to start installing my setup within the next week or so...i will be running an AMD Athlon XP on a micro ITX, 512MB DDR, and an 8" lilli touch...i will be using a PW-70 and an ITPS...should i just run the screen power to the power supply or should i use the power that i had used for my current stereo?

thanks...Mario

Comment

It needs 12V regulated power.
                  My Car

Comment

If you overdrive the back light inverter (which is the only way to make it brighter as you claim to have) you will burn the backlight out in potentially as little as a month.
                    Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
                    Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
                    Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordinho80
                      i will be running an AMD Athlon XP on a micro ITX, 512MB DDR, and an 8" lilli touch...i will be using a PW-70 and an ITPS...
                      Good luck, you'll need it to get that lot powered up.

Garry
                      www.aimee.cc

Comment

nice

I was gunna say pretty much the same as everyone else.. yea its bright for the time being but your gunna fry the little guy in less than a month :-(
                        Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
                        Via EPIA MII
                        512MB RAM
                        OEM GPS (embedded)
                        nLite WinXP pro on
                        1GB Extreme III CF card
                        Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
                        Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

I just hooked up the egg. That **** sux. its not bright at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordinho80
                            if one runs a voltage regulator on the PC power supply, wouldnt it be best to wire screen into the copmuter power output? just asking here as i am looking to start installing my setup within the next week or so...i will be running an AMD Athlon XP on a micro ITX, 512MB DDR, and an 8" lilli touch...i will be using a PW-70 and an ITPS...should i just run the screen power to the power supply or should i use the power that i had used for my current stereo?
                            In a word - no chance.

Ok, that's two words but they're very valuable. The ITPS is rated for a maximum of 60W. The non-mobile Athlon XP's are in the range of 60-90W for just the cpu alone (mostly on the 12V rail I believe). The PW-70 supplies very little power on the 12V rail. There's no way you'll succeed with this setup.
                            Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
                            Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
                            Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Arathranar
                              In a word - no chance.

Ok, that's two words but they're very valuable. The ITPS is rated for a maximum of 60W. The non-mobile Athlon XP's are in the range of 60-90W for just the cpu alone (mostly on the 12V rail I believe). The PW-70 supplies very little power on the 12V rail. There's no way you'll succeed with this setup.
                              It was more fun with my "good luck" post, now you've told him why, rather than waiting for him to find out himself

I'm an evil sod at times
                              www.aimee.cc

Comment

Working...
                              X