Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my lilliput doesnt power on :(

well here is the story.
    when i bought the lilliput i molded it into my dash, it worked i used it for abit and decided i needed to fix up the dash so that it looks nicely blended in, i had the screen out of the dash in my back seat for like a 2 weeks, then fixed up, used alot of primer molded the screen real real nice and painted it. now i went and installed it in my car hoping everything would work i turn on the car hit the power button, NOTHING take off the screen wiggle the plug alittle NOTHING, i grab my trusty multimeter and check for power, i got a nice 12.1 volts on the meter, i start panicing, i take the unit inside, i use my home adapter which for sure HAS to work plug it in praying its just a stupid wire or not enough amps to run it or something. i hit the power button NOTHING, i dont know what to do! someone help me! i didnt even gotten to enjoy my car pc the way i should , any suggestions are welcomed i'm alittle limited on undoing the screen, but i guess if i have to it'd be the last resort. thanks guys in advance

Dude, what can we tell you ?
    Take it apart and see what you broke.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

i checked, everything looks normal no cracks no nothing i guess lilli dead, which brings me to my next question, how frequently do they break?

Comment

did you check the fuse with your multimeter?
        肚子笑痛了
        S60 Install

Comment

i dont see a fuse in the lilli is it an smt one?

Comment

after a search i found which one was the fuse, bridged it, screen lite up. i jumped in joy THANK YOU SOOOO DAMN MUCH!!! JCDILLIN AND FRODO! u guys saved me 250buxs i love u both

Comment

but one thing my friend try to replace it with something, because if you dont have it fused and something else goes wrong you wont be so lucky next time, it needs to be a 1 amp fuse.
              肚子笑痛了
              S60 Install

Comment

i just called digtiallww today and he told me i can get a fuse at http://www.digikey.com/. I have been reading on this forum that lot of people blow them,So i am just going to order one just incase i blow one,so i dont have to wait week to get it. just thinking in advance.

Comment

you guys wouldnt have a digikey part number handy would ya?

Comment

F1222CT-ND for the 1A version
                    F1223CT-ND for the 1.5A version

Comment

Working...
                    X