Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Pixter" Machine... Good score for color LCD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Pixter" Machine... Good score for color LCD?

I was watching Nick today, and saw a commercial for something called "Pixter".

Has color LCD, backlit, and touch screen. I started wondering how old they are. I've never seen them before, so I figure they're pretty new. Cost is 80 bucks.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had gotten their hands on one and taken it apart, to see if it's worth sticking in the car. At first glance, it doesn't look like a normal 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio... closer to a square. It kind of looks like a 90 degree rotation, with physical buttons at the bottom, but they could be part of the display image. I can't tell if they are part of the display graphic or not. But I suppose ther could be ways arround that, or just deal with it.

Here's a link:

http://www.fisher-price.com/us/pixter/default_flash.asp

If it's easy to convert to accept VGA or composite/s-video in, and dealing with the touch screen is doable, it looks like a pretty good deal. I can't find anything about demensions, though.
    Nic

I stopped looking when I saw "128 colors".

Comment

Well, that's probably a limit based on the memory and processing capability of the computer, not the display. But that depends on how it all works, I'm not sure.
      Nic

Comment

Working...
      X