Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the PSone lcd be used with XBox once its VGA modded?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the PSone lcd be used with XBox once its VGA modded?

Im about to recieve my PSone lcd screen and I read around and found the VGA mod. I was wondering if I bought an Xbox Vga adapter, would the PSone lcd work with it? Or can I solder directly to the Xbox scart connections without turning it into a VGA.

wait, i thought the xbox used composite or svideo connection?

Comment

hit the tutorials on www.xbox-scene.com. you can pull the signal from the XBOX mobo if you want
      [IIIIIIIIII]95%
      Dynamix 7" LCD Touchscreen Monitor
      VIA Epia M10000 Motherboard
      Samsung 40 gig 2.5" Hard drive
      Slimtype LSC-24082K DVD/CDRW
      1024MB DDR RAM
      Morex 3688 case w/ psu

Comment

I know the XBox has composite and S-Video. But i was wondering if the PSOne lcd would work as the PSone lcd works only at 15MHz or something. But if theres not too much of a quality difference Ill just pull the connectioins from the SCART from the mobo directly. And Yes I know about XBox-Scene (been there since 2001 ). I know the scart connections for the Hip Pad mod but the lcd is next to unusable and anything besides the coolness factor and since I am getting the PSone lcd dor $25 I thought "Why not go with this then?"
        Edit: I also have the S-Video pack for the XBox which has RCA outputs. I can just buy the RCA to 3.5mm pin and use that too right?

Comment

Alse here is the XBox's scart video and sound connections. If i use the 3.5mm cable and solder the stuff to the connections will it be OK?
          Attached Files

Comment

I don't think the xbox can do the 15khz horizontal refresh that the psone display needs. Just use the composite input on the PSOne display.

Comment

Yes that diagram is for the compsite display. And starfox can I use the PSone LCD with the EPIA M Series motherboards in anyway?

Comment

I don't know for sure, i don't have an EPIA M motherboard. I suspect not as i haven't seen anyone report success with the mod.

Comment

O well. I might just go with compsite connection with the XBox and flush mount it on the top. This is going to be my first (cosmetic) mod project.

Comment

It can't be used VGA with an XBOX. It also can't be used on an EPIA mobo with Windows, though I've seen it work with Linux and uhh... xfree86 I think...
                    Tidder

Try RevFE
                    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

OK. So PSone screen set to be used via compsite on XBox. And waiting for a word from confused for the linitx screen.

Comment

Originally posted by xboxerxbox
                        OK. So PSone screen set to be used via compsite on XBox.
                        Yeah, as far as this goes, there's not much quality difference anyway.
                        Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

Crap, I just found it its an interact screen. You think its still worth it for $25 shipped?

Comment

Eh, I guess depends on what you're gonna use it for. If you're just gonna use the composite, I'd say go for it. I think someone did mod an interact right? Or was it a thrustmaster...
                            Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

Im gonna use compsite. But Im still not sure about this Interact screen. I think Im gonna tank it as I would not be able to use VGA on it if i wanted to. I searched around and I couldnt find a mod about Interact.

Comment

Working...
                              X