Looking for a cigarette lighter socket for Lilliput

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a cigarette lighter socket for Lilliput

Bought my Lilliput 2nd hand, the previous guy hardwired it for power I think, so it didn't come with the cigarette lighter power cable.

Wondering if anyone has one spare and is willing to sell it to me. UK-based would be good. Got cash waiting.

Originally posted by Proplus
    Bought my Lilliput 2nd hand, the previous guy hardwired it for power I think, so it didn't come with the cigarette lighter power cable.

Wondering if anyone has one spare and is willing to sell it to me. UK-based would be good. Got cash waiting.
    why not hardwire it yourself, its easy one could be had for cheap from a local electronics store

Comment

There was been alot of bad things said about these. Search for lilliput egg.

You'd be better better off trying to either build your own, or getting yourself an OPUS.
      2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
      7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
      80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

Not very good when it comes to wiring, my experience has always ended up with me blowing some fuses in the car!!!

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

This will do it..

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...ID=7&doy=24m10

(edit) No it won't dammit, the 12v is not regulated, but Maplin do another one similar that is regulated at all voltages including 12v, call your nearest branch and they'll help you.

Steve
            ....Yes, I know it has a stupid name, those crazy Japanese!

Comment

you can just wire it up to the 12v (yellow i beleive) molex in your computer. Just use a mulitmeter to be sure of what wire is 12v, 5v, and group. Then just use a simple inline fuse.

Comment

Originally posted by mp3oplecarrier
                This will do it..

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...ID=7&doy=24m10

(edit) No it won't dammit, the 12v is not regulated, but Maplin do another one similar that is regulated at all voltages including 12v, call your nearest branch and they'll help you.

Steve
                OK...I'll pop into Maplins on Wednesday and see if they've got anything I can use.

Netboy: should be the yellow wire off the molex, but I'm reluctant to do that as the PSU I'm using has a quite low rating, plus I'm not using a laptop DVD drive and HDD, just a normal DVD-ROM and IDE HDD which do drain a bit more power.

Comment

Working...
                X