help choosing a proclip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help choosing a proclip

i'm going to get a proclip mount for my 8'' lilliput in my 96 camry, but there's many different kinds of mounts and holds and such.

What exactly do i buy, as the website provides little help on what to get for anything besides cellphones/mp3 players.

cmon, i know a couple of you have proclips

edit- i really just want to know if i have to buy both a dashboard mount AND the dvd mount for it to work (which is quite a rip off @ a hefty 60 bucks total)

edit2- also, as for a dashboard mount, which one is more convenient to the driver: the mount that hooks onto your air vents and is pretty much centered, or the one that you put on the side that angles towards the driver

Comment

just wanted to chime in and say i ordered from that damn website with 2 day shipping because i needed it quick (going to vegas) and i have not gone past "processing" in 5 business days, and i emailed them asking wtf is the hold up, because the site clearly states they would ship the product next day with the 2 day shipping option.

Now i have to go to vegas without the mount (unless it comes within the next two days which i doubt) and am pretty ****ed.

blah

Comment

wow , thanks for pointing this out .. this looks to be just what I am looking for. Let me know how your troubles with them goes .. if their customer service is horrible I wont even waste my time with them

Comment

5 bucks HomeDepot solution

Result
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by bobthebaker
            What exactly do i buy, as the website provides little help on what to get for anything besides cellphones/mp3 players.
            Looks like all that is needed is the dash mount + the mount for Monitors. I e-mailed them to ask if the monitor mount swivels but i have not heard anything yet.

MatrixPC - I saw that in another post, I like how you accomplished that with the bracket, my only issue with that option is that it is in a fixed position, I am hoping that with the proclips that I will be able to tilt/swivel if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC

Result
              Nice solution, I'm thinking of going a similar route with my Lilliput install. You could use some black split-loom tubing to cover the wires though.
              1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC

Result
                Quick question - can you go into a little more detail about the piece that hangs over the clip at the rear top of the monitor. It looks like some sort of holder that clips to the piece sticking out from the top of the radio. Thanks!

How did you make it?
                ----

EDIT: I just took a closer look and it looks like velcro, is that right?

-HD

Comment

Originally posted by hd54321

How did you make it?
                  ----

-HD
                  If I remember from his previous post he is using Industrial Strength velcro
                  -S

Comment

Originally posted by hd54321
                    Quick question - can you go into a little more detail about the piece that hangs over the clip at the rear top of the monitor. It looks like some sort of holder that clips to the piece sticking out from the top of the radio. Thanks!

How did you make it?
                    ----

-HD
                    I bent a piece of metal and stick it to the HU over by the the bezel. The "white" thinggy you see on top of the radio is velco. If I put the Lilliput up (also velco on top), it will stick the 2 together. Very tight no bump problem.

That is my temp solution and I am currently using it while going in dash the Lilliput.
                    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

i just recieved it finally and it works amazingly well as a non in-dash solution.

I am really disappointed at the build quality (it's really just plastic) and am kind of mad because i know it probably cost them 5 dollars max to make the whole "solution".

Still, they are the only ones with feasable mounts and it does slightly swivel so whatever. Pics coming tomorrow.

Comment

Pics?
                        2006 Rav4 + iPod, still CarPCless

Comment

I ordered a multipart solution for my car also, It has been a few days and it still has not shipped from their location. oh well , good things come to those who wait I guess.

I am a bit dismayed now that I know the parts are plastic , but as long as they have a good heat resistance then I wont be complaining.

-S

Comment

Working...
                          X