Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilliput Touchscreen Calibration - WORKED FINE - Then....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput Touchscreen Calibration - WORKED FINE - Then....

I got my 7" Lilliput on Tuesday. I have been playing with it for a few days now, but as of last night the touchscreen has been off. I Re-Calibrated it, and it does not help. When I touch about half way up, the mouse goes way out to the left. I used the drawing tool to show you this. I tried the 4 point calibration, then the 25 point calibration, and then I cleared it off and tried it that way.. NOTHING WORKED! What is causing the touchpad to just go screwy like this? I thought it might have been the heat from the screen being on, but I've let it cool down overnight and its still this way! HEEELLPPPP!! I want to install it but I can't if it's not working right!

I did the items in order as they are posted below.
    See Attached Pix:
    Attached Files

Also - I should add this is so I don't have to start a new thread...

I am using Frodoplayer, but when I set my screen to 800x600 resolution, frodoplayer loads at the same position as when at 1024x768. It shows up at about 1/2 down the screen. Ideas?

See Pix:
    Attached Files

Comment

I had the same exact problem, Lilliputs are crap for sure... check it out...
      HERE:
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31216

I don't have the pic anymore, your touchscreen "came apart", mine did too. I ordered a direct replacement From Armen, and now it works.. Bad news: no way to repair, only exchangable...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbmw99
        Also - I should add this is so I don't have to start a new thread...

I am using Frodoplayer, but when I set my screen to 800x600 resolution, frodoplayer loads at the same position as when at 1024x768. It shows up at about 1/2 down the screen. Ideas?

See Pix:

In frodo.ini change ur settings to this

[ADVANCED]
        ADV_TOP=0
        ADV_LEFT=0
        ADV_WIDTH=800
        ADV_HEIGHT=600
        [|||||-----] 95% complete

Comment

Definately a bad touchscreen, the same happened to me and other people as well. I just sucked up the price and bought a Xenarc.
          Squigg

2002 Mustang GT
          xp2200,80gig,GF4MX4400,512ram,7inVGA Touchscreen, Side View Camera w/sound, USB GPS Mouse(computer hidden in LH Rear QP)

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbmw99

See Pix:
            Go into settings 1, then go to misc1 and uncheck the use advanced settings option. No need to mess with the .ini file as was posted above.
            AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
            Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
            Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
            -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

I already changed the ini and all is good.... Thanks!

Comment

I have the exact same problem, on THREE lillis...

Have anyone got this error with the Xenarc monitors? I thought they were using the same manufacture of touchscreens...

Comment

I had mine for a couple months and it worked great.. No problems.. But in the past couple weeks I've experienced problems similar to yours... Say I'm in FrodoPlayer and I go to touch the "next" arrow.. It goes no where near it. Then I'll try and hit menu or something and it won't be anywhere near it again..

The one time I was hitting all the way over by the clock in the systray and it was clicking on an icon right above the start menu.

I can recalibrate and hit all 25 points dead on.. It will then work for about 10-15 minutes and then get jacked up again. I'm still trying to figure out whats up with it.
                  Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

Yes I had this problem and ordered a new touchscreen and controller. Later I found out that the old one actually isn't bad at all but I just needed to reinstall the drivers. Try that before you go getting new parts.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter007
                      Yes I had this problem and ordered a new touchscreen and controller. Later I found out that the old one actually isn't bad at all but I just needed to reinstall the drivers.
                      Xenarc or Lilli?

Comment

I reinstalled drivers numerous times and recalibrated numerous times. It will work for about 5-10 minutes and then go whacko...

I contacted Nat from here (mp3car.com) and asked him if I could send it back and get a Xenarc and pay him the difference. He said that was cool with him so hopefully I will have ZERO problems with a Xenarc..
                        Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

Working...
                        X