Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does XENARC 700TSV has remote?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does XENARC 700TSV has remote?

    Does XENARC 700TSV has remote? someone say the new version of XENARC has remote! if so, where I can find them?

  • #2
    Originally posted by EluSiOn
    Does XENARC 700TSV has remote? someone say the new version of XENARC has remote! if so, where I can find them?
    My 700TSV Black came with a remote and I purchased it at mp3car
    BIOSTAR M7NCG400 : AMD-M ATHLON XP 2400+ : VANTEC AIRFLOW : 512 MB 3200 RAM : XENARC 700TSVB : MSI 128MB DDR MX4000 : MONSTER 300 WATT INVERTER

    Comment


    • #3
      ????? my silver didnt come with one?! purchased here! WTF?!
      Roy

      2005 Range Rover 4.4
      Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

      Comment


      • #4
        not me...i bought it from group buy...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RoyN
          ????? my silver didnt come with one?! purchased here! WTF?!
          If i'm not mistaken, the older Xenarcs didn't come with remotes.

          Comment


          • #6
            I purchased mine from someone who got it during the groupbuy (5/04). Mine doesn't even have an IR receiver on it. Are you telling me later models had IR receivers and remotes?

            Comment


            • #7
              Some "official info"

              Our Xenarc 700TSV http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...products_id=39 in the black color has the remotes, today. It's an unadvertised feature right now.

              The Xenarc 700TSV's in the silver color will be getting remotes in late December.

              None of the other 700 series monitors including the 700TS will be getting remotes.

              Comment


              • #8
                damn... i wish i had known this... i would have waited 3 more days for te black...

                does the silver have the remote reciever in it? can one buy just the remote in the near future and would it work?
                Roy

                2005 Range Rover 4.4
                Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RoyN
                  does the silver have the remote reciever in it? can one buy just the remote in the near future and would it work?
                  No. Monitors sold without a remote don't have the IR sensor that supports a remote.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Zip-Lock
                    No. Monitors sold without a remote don't have the IR sensor that supports a remote.
                    They don't have the sensor, but I can confirm the silver 700TSV still have the mounting locations on the circuit board. I took one of the IR recievers from a black 700TSV-B with a remote and plugged it into a silver 700TSV I have and the remote worked on the silver 700TSV.

                    The IR reciever on the units looks just like one you can pick up at radio shack, so it should be possible to wire up your own reciever to your xenarc if it has the mounting location. I think its the only 3 pin white connector on the circuit board. Your only problem would be providing a remote that would work with it.
                    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Any chance we can buy the IR module and remote separately??????

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Has anyone contacted xenarc about possibly purchasing the IR reciever/remote? Seems like it's just plug and play.
                        2002 Subaru WRX - Silver
                        -FP18G turbo
                        -Walbro fuel pump
                        -Modified OEM 840 CC Injectors
                        -TurboXS: UTEC, turboback, uppipe, intake
                        -Blitz FMIC
                        -STI cluster
                        -17"x7.5" SSR Competitions
                        -Tein Flex coilovers
                        -NOS 50 shot
                        -2004 rear conversion

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by god_of_cpu
                          They don't have the sensor, but I can confirm the silver 700TSV still have the mounting locations on the circuit board. I took one of the IR recievers from a black 700TSV-B with a remote and plugged it into a silver 700TSV I have and the remote worked on the silver 700TSV.

                          The IR reciever on the units looks just like one you can pick up at radio shack, so it should be possible to wire up your own reciever to your xenarc if it has the mounting location. I think its the only 3 pin white connector on the circuit board. Your only problem would be providing a remote that would work with it.

                          You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of the mounting location so I can verify that my screen will work with the IR reciever/remote (if I can get my hands one) would you? I noticed one or two empty sockets when I took my screen apart.
                          2002 Subaru WRX - Silver
                          -FP18G turbo
                          -Walbro fuel pump
                          -Modified OEM 840 CC Injectors
                          -TurboXS: UTEC, turboback, uppipe, intake
                          -Blitz FMIC
                          -STI cluster
                          -17"x7.5" SSR Competitions
                          -Tein Flex coilovers
                          -NOS 50 shot
                          -2004 rear conversion

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Is there any news on the IR module being sold separately?????

                            Zip-lock can you help???

                            I'm desperate to get my hands on one, but can't justify another screen!!!

                            PLEASE!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I e-mailed Xenarc yesterday, waiting on a reply. It's the weekend so I'm expecting to hear from them this week, hopefully. They're usually pretty good about getting back to me on things.
                              2002 Subaru WRX - Silver
                              -FP18G turbo
                              -Walbro fuel pump
                              -Modified OEM 840 CC Injectors
                              -TurboXS: UTEC, turboback, uppipe, intake
                              -Blitz FMIC
                              -STI cluster
                              -17"x7.5" SSR Competitions
                              -Tein Flex coilovers
                              -NOS 50 shot
                              -2004 rear conversion

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X