800 x 480 on EPIA 800!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800 x 480 on EPIA 800!?

I just ordered a xenarc/lilliput clone on www.myelectronics.nl (209 euro ex 19% tax !!)
    I wanted to adjust the internal s3 vga-adaptor of my epia800 board with powerstrip to get the 800x480 resolution.
    Guess what, i just read that this is only possible with the epia1000 and up
    A solution would be a separate vga adaptor in my epia800. But it has to be PCI and with a chipset which is supported by powerstrip.

I saw that that the same shop offered a _weird_ trident vga adaptor supporting different resolutions, has an on-board MPEG-2 decoder, PCI style and costs about 39 euros excl. 19% tax.

look here: http://www.myelectronics.nl/contents...d=38271.490278

Is this a good thing? I see that it supports 844x480 standard. Is this good for my lilliput screen. I now nothing about this chipset, and it's so cheap..

What's your opinion ?
    Have a look at My carPC

No VIA Epia boards do 800x480, or any custom resolution. Your best bet is a Matrox, Radeon or GeForce PCI card, as most of those allow custom resolutions.

The other option is to just use 800x600, like many people do. It doesn't look too bad.

The screen you have bought is a Lilliput, please don't ever call it a Xenarc again, as it isn't.

Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

whoops, sorry..
      thanks for the info, but i've read that some epia1000 owners do manage to get 800x480 out of their onboard video using powerstrip like so:

http://www.xenarc.com/faq.html#QA1

But this can only be done with the (newer?) onboard chipset of the epia1000 and up.
      Have a look at My carPC

Comment

A xenarc power strip fora lilliput monitor?? u sure?

Comment

No. It doesn't work on any VIA Epia boards.

They cannot physically output 800x480, we as a community have been trying for WELL over a year to get this to happen, and it's not possible.

Garry
          www.aimee.cc

Comment

hmmm guess you're right then..
            Did you look at the video card i linked to?, could this be a solution to the problem?
            Have a look at My carPC

Comment

It doesn't say that it supports 800x480.
              www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by _wd
                hmmm guess you're right then..
                Did you look at the video card i linked to?, could this be a solution to the problem?
                Is not having 800 x 480 actually a problem?

I have an EPIA 800 running at 800 x 600 and it looks fine - honest
                Kevin

Build status {..........|} 99%
                All installed - now into the fiddling about stage
                Car:MR2
                MB: EPIA C800
                Display:Xenarc 700TS
                Power:PW-70A & ITPS
                Mem:384MB
                HDD:40Gb Maxtor Diamond max
                Radio:Dlink DRU-100
                GPS:BU-303

Comment

I hope you're right. I expected the screen to arrive today. Waited for it until 15:00 h, then i went for some shopping, when i came back, i found a note from the delivery in the mailbox
                  I'll pick it up tomorrow
                  Have a look at My carPC

Comment

Originally posted by _wd
                    I hope you're right. I expected the screen to arrive today. Waited for it until 15:00 h, then i went for some shopping, when i came back, i found a note from the delivery in the mailbox
                    I'll pick it up tomorrow
                    Well i'm running mediacar and I've also tried media engine and frodo.
                    They all look and can be used fine

Ain't it always the way. I'm sure the delivery vans sit around the corner until you leave the house......
                    Kevin

Build status {..........|} 99%
                    All installed - now into the fiddling about stage
                    Car:MR2
                    MB: EPIA C800
                    Display:Xenarc 700TS
                    Power:PW-70A & ITPS
                    Mem:384MB
                    HDD:40Gb Maxtor Diamond max
                    Radio:Dlink DRU-100
                    GPS:BU-303

Comment

Well... there´s already a thread about this topic (maybe many more threads...)!

click here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...480+resolution

Just read this. I understood, that the chances to get this resolution on the epia M10000 are still given. mpattonm won´t give up getting 800*480... Please support him if you can!

Comment

Working...
                      X