Yet another Lilliput owner in need of help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Lilliput owner in need of help

Yes that is correct. I need help and i need it bad. When i connect the lilliput to the vga with the new srew on plug all i get are alot of colorful lines and a faint jurrasic park logo. Anyone know what the hell i am doing wrong!?! PLEASE HELP ME! no connector is bent. nothing is wrong from what i see. ANyone think it could be the cable with the female connector with the vga and usb plug at the end of it?? PLEASE HELP and yes i have searched

Have no clue. Some how your signal seems to be gettin messed up. Could be the pins on male end or missing connections on female end.Although im not sure if that would do it. Could be the ribbon inside the lilliput slightly angled. Not sure. Can ya take it back?
    I GIVE FREE HUGS!
    Buy Sell or Trade
    If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
    Thank you
    Forex
    Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Originally posted by CJ8501
      Yes that is correct. I need help and i need it bad. When i connect the lilliput to the vga with the new srew on plug all i get are alot of colorful lines and a faint jurrasic park logo. Anyone know what the hell i am doing wrong!?! PLEASE HELP ME! no connector is bent. nothing is wrong from what i see. ANyone think it could be the cable with the female connector with the vga and usb plug at the end of it?? PLEASE HELP and yes i have searched
      Set your MB BIOS to TFT ... (if it's a Epia)
      Car : Hyundai Tucson
      Carpc :
      Lilliput 7" touchscreen indash 90% done
      PSU : M2-ATX
      Epia M10K /512DDR/80GB Maxtor
      Software : Windows XP Pro 100% done
      RR with DigitalFX skin
      In car : 80% done

Comment

Originally posted by gyro
        and let us know if that fixes the problem...so we all learned something from it ....that's why this is a forum...

Comment

I think i'm getting the exact same problem you're describing. Only had the monitor 2 days and have not taken it apart or anything like that. Just opened up and plugged it in - using supplied power adapter.

I bought the in-dash unit from digitalww with the lilliput touchscreen and it randomly jumps to this weird screen with sum chinese writing and fades away. It isn't a motherboard/graphics problem as they have been used on other monitors with no problem, and have connected the screen to different graphics card....no avail there either!

I managed to take a movie of it (sorry if its a bit corrupt i will try and upload again using a better ftp program later this evening)

Lilliput movie

It looks like something stored in the ROM of the screen. Only comes up on VGA, composite is fine. Am using Intel 815 chipset motherboard with integrated graphics (but have tried with other computers so thats not the problem).

Have emailed the guys at digitalww, I hope they will get back to me!

Sorry cant give a solution! any advice people??

Comment

That is weird....eerie even. It is obviously in VGA mode, but that output makes no sense
            http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/170000-170999/170063_221.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by gyro

My EPIA V8000's bios will not let me switch between LCD & CRT, permenantly set to CRT but it works ok...
              Windows won't let me pick LCD either.

John
              My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
              NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Plug in a normal monitor and check the res and refresh settings. I was messing with mine the other day and set the refresh to high and had the same thing happen.

Comment

Hey,

Have uploaded the file again so should be fine, and the link does work

Lilliput Movie

The resolution i'm running at is 800x600 @ 60hz

Sometimes it works, sometimes not! mostly not now! fails after about a minute of switching on.

Gaz

Comment

I had a similar problem (screen going white) and got rid of it by changing the resolution and refresh-rate settings. Try going to 75Hz (that has always worked for me).
                    Epia MII 10000 512MB RAM - 60 GB 2.5" Hard Drive -Opus 90 - Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Panasonic 8123 Slotload DVD burner - PCMCIA USB2.0 Card - Rikaline 6010 GPS - PS2 Micro Keyboard

Comment

yeah, i've tried that, screen doesn't go all the way now but image becomes fuzzy, jumps around, multiple ghosting images etc etc.

Still messed basically....not impressed.

Cables don't seem loose, connector is solid as wiggling cable has no effect.

anything else guys?

Comment

Check your power supply make sure there is not problems there

i had the same problem when testing in my house and just got a blank white screen

i moved to a different outlet on another breaker and it worked fine

i was using a AC to DC power supply to get my 12V dc

Comment

No i dont have a epia im getting different things on my screen then cold fusion ill take pics and show u guys

Comment

Pic of the screen
                            http://webpages.charter.net/Altimat/...n/P1010004.JPG

I get no writing that says vga mode or video 1 or 2 or anything noot even the menu!

Comment

Working...
                            X